Help for account, billing & more
oneo10's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Nov 13, 2018 10:26 PM

Mobile Insurance Billing Dispute

I purchased an Iphone 8+ and an Iphone 8 back in Oct/Nov of last year. At the time I told the sales rep I did not want the insurance. I then had to call a CSR to tell them the same thing (I do not want the insurance) shortly after as I still saw it on the charges and as well as an "activation" fees that my employee discount states are waived.  So today I log in to see what my options are as I am interested in taking advantage of Black Friday deals to add 1 more phone to my account for my kid. I come to find out that I have been paying the insurance on the ihpone 8+ /8 for a whole year (over $200). I chatted with a rep and  then a supervisor and both said "sorry, can't do nothing...it goes to the warranty/insurance co. not ATT". Not entirely happy with that answer since 2 of their employees conveniently kept me paying for something I did not want.  Anyone else experience anything like this? What are my options, can I escalate it further? The "Supervisor' told me to go to an ATT store and tell them, I'm sure they don't want to talk to anyone unless it's to buy a phone.  I have been with ATT since it was cingular, this is beyond dissapointing. Any info/help would be greatly appreciated.

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

11.7K Messages

4年前

@oneo10 wrote:

I purchased an Iphone 8+ and an Iphone 8 back in Oct/Nov of last year. At the time I told the sales rep I did not want the insurance. I then had to call a CSR to tell them the same thing (I do not want the insurance) shortly after as I still saw it on the charges and as well as an "activation" fees that my employee discount states are waived.  So today I log in to see what my options are as I am interested in taking advantage of Black Friday deals to add 1 more phone to my account for my kid. I come to find out that I have been paying the insurance on the ihpone 8+ /8 for a whole year (over $200). I chatted with a rep and  then a supervisor and both said "sorry, can't do nothing...it goes to the warranty/insurance co. not ATT". Not entirely happy with that answer since 2 of their employees conveniently kept me paying for something I did not want.  Anyone else experience anything like this? What are my options, can I escalate it further? The "Supervisor' told me to go to an ATT store and tell them, I'm sure they don't want to talk to anyone unless it's to buy a phone.  I have been with ATT since it was cingular, this is beyond dissapointing. Any info/help would be greatly appreciated.

So you said you didn't want insurance, then saw insurance on the bill, so you called and told them again, and then...just forgot about it? I would think you, more than anyone, would have a vested interest in reviewing the bill to make sure it's correct!

Unfortunately the reps were right. If you call back (you did get the insurance removed, right?), you can ask for a month or two credit, but make sure to ask nicely. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.