Need help understanding your bill?
D

• 

33 Messages

Tuesday, December 1st, 2020 2:24 AM

I was given misleading information in a BJS store.

I was in a local BJS store on November 6, 2020. I was approached by a representative from Smart Circle Retail. They asked me who was my current carrier and how much was I paying. So I said about 351.00 and still paying on 4 phones. The person said if you switch to AT&T you can save money. And I asked how. I was told we can pay off you 4 phones and get you new one for free and use your Military Veteran for a discount. I said ok. So all 6 lines were given to set up new account and 6 phones were picked. All 6 lines were transferred on November 10, 2020. And I contacted the person about service being set up and active. She said she will start the return from the 4 phone being traded in and then I was told the 4 phones being traded in will be a credit on my bill and no money to pay them off.  So I am fighting with AT&T to honor the info I was told I would get. I sent in a BBB complaint and they said they cant do anything until I am billed. All I have to say is that something better to be done to make this right. And its not like there service is any better! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

I believe the phones needed to be paid off for the trade in to be  honored

No. ATT doesn’t care if the phones traded in aren’t paid off to another carrier. You should get whatever credit was promised for the trade ins. It’s probably $700 in credit against each new phone since that’s ATT’s current offer.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Whoever Smart Circle Retail is, they aren’t ATT and ATT will not take responsibility for any false information they gave you. ATT is not going to pay off what you owe the old carrier. Those traded in phones were likely required for whatever promotion you are getting on the 4 new phones. Sorry to say but it sounds like you were lied to. You need to submit your BBB complaint against them or BJS, not ATT.

• 

33 Messages

3 years ago

I sent one to them also and they contacted AT&T. I just have to wait and see.  So I guess I am stuck paying my old carrier what is left on the devices and maybe even what I was to get on the trade since I believe the phones needed to be paid off for the trade in to be  honored. So I got lied to all around. I saw the info on the tables but don't know what to do about that now since I have nothing to show the proof.

• 

33 Messages

3 years ago

That is what I was told it was after I signed up. So at least I will get some of what I was promised. I just have to fight to get someone to pay off my old traded in phones or that company may get about 100.00 a moth for the next 18 months it will take me to pay them off.  I don't have 1,777.31 sitting around to send in. I sent my old carrier a letter since they want it by 12-11.

• 

33 Messages

3 years ago

Well as of yesterday I got an email about 250 gift card for each phone. So that gives me 1500. Means I still owe 278 00. Also spoke to T-Mobile today and they put my account on hold for 60 days from today to pay it off before it is sent to collections 

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

These salespeople are rip-offs! 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

1 year ago

@MrsZ2  You've responded to a 2-year old post but yes, some of the AT&T Retail Stores have questionable business practices. Unfortunately, AT&T has little to no control over what they do as they are independently owned and operated.

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Your story sounds very similar to mine. ATT will steal your money while they make you believe there fixing the issue.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.