Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Mar 13, 2017 8:18 PM

Misinformed about Unlimited choice plan

I had recently changed to the unlimited choice plan and was assured by a phone rep that I would be receiving my company discounts of 21% with the plan. When the bill comes along, I notice that no discount was applied. I call ATT and was told that the unlimited choice program has no discount. I told her that the previous rep I had spoke with assured that I would receive my company discounts toward the unlimited choice plan. I think it's very shady to be told one thing confidently by a rep and to be vetoed by another rep with no explanation except that the discount doesn't apply to this plan. I'm hearing 2 stories and think it's very unprofessional that ATT is not properly giving the right information to its long time customers. I understand that the bill would only reflect a few dollars off the bill, but the fact is that I was given false information by your reps. ATT. If you are reading, please fix this!!

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

4 years ago

The offer specifically said military discount only, to match Verizon's offer.

ypur FAN number is still excepted for discounts on merchandise and waiver of fees, but no discount off the plan is offered.

yes it's confusing.  Yes, they should fix the information. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

4 years ago

its even worse with unified billing accounts.  I am about ready to cancel and move to verizon.  I have been transfered 8 times lol.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We were misinformed by $160.00 difference in our billing. We had signed up for the unlimited plus with Direct TV for better pricing plus a business discount, BOGO phone promo, and a buy out promise. We bit the bait and switched 1st month we were told our bill would be very high, but the following one would be less with the 3rd billing cycle being even less. Wrong our 3 bill was 160.00 more than our second bill. The customer service line could not explain why. They asked what I was quoted I told the lady what were quoted for 4 lines as we were dropping my son's line, due to his lack of responsibility, but at a later date would add him in. They ran credit and we were approved for no money down and several lines we chose 4 plans with unlimited plus. Later that week we add my son as aforementioned. We were told will be 20.00 more plus phone price which was the least expensive phone, About $7-8 more. Certainly not $160.00 more???? The customer service call center stated that I could lower my plan to 20 GB and this would lower my bill to match what I was paying at Sprint, for service that is worse like having calls dropped constantly, having a crumby connection and not being able to be heard appropriately with in my own house as well. Fine, agreed this is financially best course until we pay off phones and move on. I then asked well what does this do to the BOGO or other promotional offers she then stated well it will increase your Direct TV, I then asked her if she knew what full disclosure was? She stated she did and then I asked if she felt she disclosed all information she apologized and said no. I began to tell her this is the exact type of miscommunication that has landed me in this very frustrating uncomfortable position now. True to my word AT&T service my call was dropped and she failed to call back like she had asked in case disconnected. I then called back and had different Rep who stated could not transfer from rep to Rep, but somehow I was from previous call that landed me with April the rep who failed to call me back? Oh well not as important as the mis representation from the authorized dealer then the AT&T store ( there is a difference I'm told) who quoted same information as authorized dealer. I am not asking for a change in price rather the ability to retun our phones in perfect condition so that we can go back to sprint who although was very expensive received better service from. I also urge AT&T to properly train their employees so that clients don't have to struggle to pay $160.00 more on a bill. A huge difference than what was quoted for service that wa awful. Side note still have not received the credits for our previous phones and feel that we should still have those since we turned our phones in.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

3 years ago

You don't get switch credits if you leave before you get them.  You cannot just return phones anymore.  You will have to do a switch offer with Sprint after you get reimbursed by ATT.

I suggest you read the bill for errors.  Wireless seems to be what you are concerned with, but it's the simplest and the prices are all published.

$115 for the plan, less $10 for paperless and auto pay.  $105

$20 for each line, $100. 

Then add installments

and taxes and fees.

If the totals don't work out, WHY NOT?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I just had the same thing happen to me.  The rep offered to change me to the unlimited plan for $85 instead of the $100 I was paying, and ensured me that the National Discount would still be applied.  She even calculated the new monthly total and included the National Discount in the amount.  Will be curious what shows on my next statement.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

45.9K Messages

3 years ago

@AmeliaKD I guarantee you that discount will not be there. The available discounts for either unlimited plan have not changed, still only the military and autopay discounts. If you were paying $100 for unlimited, sounds like you were on the old plan that also originally required Directv service. You are still probably getting a better deal with the new plan even without the discount. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

The email confirmation said I had 59 days to return to my old plan, so I called up customer service to revert back.  The math of loosing a $21 discount to save $15 on the plan...not adding up right.  

The tech confirmed right away that the National Discount would NOT be applicable any longer on the unlimited plan.  She said my old plan has been discontinued, so she can't reinstated it herself, but she put in a ticket to have taken care of.  In 24 to 48 hours I should see my old plan reinstated.  

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

3 years ago

@AmeliaKD   It would have been a good idea to do the math.....

The new plan has $20 line fees.   What are the line fees on your plan?  $40?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I did the math with the rep on the phone.  At first she said $20 a line, then I explained that right now I pay $15 per line ($40 - $25 discount).  Then she said "oh, your right, I missed that, it will still be $15 a line".  I went thru line item by line item with her totaling it up until both she and I came to the same amount.  Obviously, the rep was very misinformed.  

Hoping to get my 15GB with Rollover minutes plan back!

Note: my original purpose for the phone call was to cancel the line for my tablet, so I thought she was offering me a sweet deal to keep me from cancelling, like many companies will do.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

3 years ago

@AmeliaKD

If you had use for unlimited data, it is a bargain.  If not, it isn’t.  

The price for plans cannot be changed.  All they can do is offer you more data for the same price.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Was also “misinformed” by the agent in the ATT shop, about my company discount. Showed me the math, as to where I would be saving around $40 a month by switch to Unlimited Plan, but now I am paying around $30 more a month, even after dropping two lines off the plan to try and save a little more...and that doesn’t even include the added Directv bill. Called in, was told they couldn’t figure out what they did at the ATT store, but was told that the company discount only applies on device and accessory purchases now, not the Unlimited Data Plans. Unable to switch back to older Cheaper Discounted Plan. Quite disheartening as to being a long time customer, lost all my seniority and grandfathered in plan. Treated like a nobody over the phone, ATT has really lost their respect for customer loyalty and their brand.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

45.9K Messages

3 years ago

@AmeliaKD So, turns out you actually have the same plan I do, not an unlimited plan. Just something to consider, you would get free HBO and Canada roaming on the unlimited plan, both of which are not included on your current plan. Those two might be worth an additional $6/month. The line fee being $15 is only relevant if you ever add more lines. Otherwise, total cost is all you should consider on a single line plan.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

45.9K Messages

3 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@AmeliaKD   It would have been a good idea to do the math.....

The new plan has $20 line fees.   What are the line fees on your plan?  $40?

The new “enhanced” plans have $30 line fees.

Get started...

Ask a new question