Need help understanding your bill?
Paullleor's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, April 30th, 2018 1:02 PM

Does At&t plan on having a deal similar to T-Mobile for military?

Does At&t plan on having a deal similar to T-Mobile for military? I've been an At&t customer for 14 years, but I still pay $280 just for the unlimited plus plan and insurance on 4 lines. I also receive 25% off the price of my plan. My phones are paid off. With T-Mobile I would be saving over $100 and I wouldn't have to pay for Netflix anymore. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

ATT already offers a military discount and it is 15%, not 25%. How are you paying $280 for 4 lines? The price for 4 lines on unlimited plus (old plan, not current enhanced) without the military discount should be $185 before taxes and fees. The 15% discount should drop the price another $16.50. Even with insurance, you shouldn’t be paying more than $220.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

The unlimited plus does not get any employer discounts, so you are not getting that 25% discount. You can get the 15% military, though. You are paying quite a bit for that insurance. Line 4 is paying $34 alone, that is crazy high. What are you getting for that much? Personally, I think the insurance is a terrible product and have never bought it myself. Most of the experts here agree. Insurance won't be any cheaper with t-mobile because it is the same insurance provider. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

My 25% discount is from my civilian employer. Looking at my bill it says 

At&t unlimited plus multi line $115

Line 1&2 $20 for access, 8.99 mobile insurance premium, $3.00 mobile protection pack support, taxes and other fees 6.65

Line 3 $20 for access

6.65 taxes and fees

Line 4 $20 for access

Mobile device protection pack 25.97

Multi device protection pack support $9.02

Taxes and fees 6.65

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

The insurance isn't that good in my opinion. Only used it once in the past 2 years. The claim went fine and got my phone replaced with no problem. I had to file another claim a month later and was told I could file it, but my insurance would be cancelled and I wouldn't be eligible to get insurance again for 12 months since I had 2 claims in 1 year. So I just bought a used phone instead. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I forgot to mention i also have directtv. But I don't see any discount on my phone bill. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Paullleor wrote:

My 25% discount is from my civilian employer. Looking at my bill it says 

At&t unlimited plus multi line $115

Line 1&2 $20 for access, 8.99 mobile insurance premium, $3.00 mobile protection pack support, taxes and other fees 6.65

Line 3 $20 for access

6.65 taxes and fees

Line 4 $20 for access

Mobile device protection pack 25.97

Multi device protection pack support $9.02

Taxes and fees 6.65

your not getting your 17.25 discount for vets or active duty military...  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Paullleor wrote:

I forgot to mention i also have directtv. But I don't see any discount on my phone bill. 

Yep, that's another $15 or $25 discount you should be getting depending on how long you have had the unlimited plus plan. The Directv discount originally started at $25 but was reduced to $15 sometime last year. That discount is not on your phone bill. It would be on your Directv bill.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I just looked through my bill again. I didn't notice i wasn't getting my discount. When i changed plans they didn't tell me i would lose my discount. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

As I noted earlier, there are no corporate discounts on the unlimited plans. Autopay and military discounts are the only ones available and you can get both.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for your help. I just called them. I was paying too much for insurance. They gave me a promotional discount of $10 per month that I keep as long as I have my plan. I will be stopping by the store to get my military discount started. All together I should save around $50 a month now.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.