Need help understanding your bill?
mdetrick's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 13th, 2016 12:50 AM

Loyal Customer vs New Customer

Hello. My husband and I have been loyal customers for years. We have had our phone service with AT&T for 10+ years and added cable and internet last year. Our bill for our phones, cable, and internet is out of control, it is over $400 a month and we simply cannot continue to pay this. Our contract is up as of today. We are activey searching to find new providers for all three services. My question is, why are specials not offered to your loyal customers? There are plently of special deals for new customers, I get that, as you are trying to bring in clientelle. But shouldn't your loyal customers be rewarded for sticking with your company? We have called many timesspeaking to reps trying to change our plan, and trying to figure out a way to lower our bill while keeping the specialties that we use and it is simply too expensive. Is there truly nothing AT&T can offer us? If we don't get this worked out by the end of the week, we will be forced to cancel our plan with AT&T. If we were  to cancel, how long would it be until we were considered "new customers"?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

You mean like a free iPhone 7 if you turn in your paid off iPhone 6 or 6s???

image.png

When you leave a carrier, you give up any old plan that may have been cheaper than new plans.

That alone is why many ATT customers stay, a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

No, I mean deals as far as pricing. I am looking to try and save money. My bill is over $400 to have 2 phones, cable, and internet. I see commercials with specials, but I am personally not eligible because I am not a new client.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

I dont think there is a single at&t promotion that current customers are eligible for.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Call CS, mention you're considering leaving, and ask to talk to retentions.  They have some tricks and such (the good kind), to make you feel appreciated!

That's a lot, for 2 phones cable and internet.  We're paying about 255 for the same, except 3 phones, but we have pretty limited cable (basic, basic, that's it), but only our phones are AT&T.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

@rightofpassage wrote:

I dont think there is a single at&t promotion that current customers are eligible for.

There's the one that @lizdance40 mentions above, for iPhone 6 owners.  Not much for Android or other platforms, but see my other post...

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

It's all good.  We see posts like this all the time.  Either the new carrier and services will be a breath of fresh air, or a miserable and expensive experience and you will regret leaving. 

Remember those offers to being in new customers so they can make a profit off your business. 

Think about it.  Promotions are fleeting.  Regular service you have to live with month after month.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I agree, and am not trying to chase deals. I am just looking for a solution to my high bill. There has to be a way to reduce this, and my question is why isn't there some kind of offer for the people who have stayed with the company as well as specials for the new customers. I understand how businesses work and that to gain new clients, they need special promotions...but at the same there should be special promotions to clients who have been with the company to keep them. Do you not agree that $400+ is high for these services?

There is always a risk to switch and regret it, but in that case I could resign up with AT&T as a new customer down the line and be offered the special promotions. So really no loss here.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Take a look at my first post in this thread, it really can help, particularly if you're thinking of leaving.  Talking to retentions can often be a very positive experience, in these situations, IMO.

Worst-case, you spend maybe 10-15 minutes, and decide that any "options" just aren't enough, but there's the flip-side...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you, I will try this. I'll let you know if it works!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.