Need help understanding your bill?
Halobroussard1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 10th, 2019 8:21 PM

Closed

Lied to about promotion of buy one get one

We were told online through chat there was a buy one get one special on phones.  I was told that after the 3rd or 4th billing cycle I would receive the back credits for paying full price of the phone and my bill would be under 250.00 per month.  I ask if I had to have direct tv to receive this promotion and was told no just get new service with Att.  I ordered the phones 4 iPhone X and I checked on the second billing cycle to make sure My credits will be posted.  I was told it will be on my third billing cycle.  Well the cycle came and no credit for the first few months of paying full price.  The rep I spoke to said it will take place on the fourth cycle.  Still no credit...I spoke to the loyalty department and the told me I do not qualify for the promotion because I did not have directv.  I told her that was not part of the promotion as per the rep who told me of the promotions.  She also told me that she saw that the rep told me about the buy one get one but I was given the wrong information.    At this point I was out done.  I told her that a customer can be told anything and it be documented and the customer has to be stuck with this.  How can this happen and Att not honor this.  I need the upper management to fix this issue.  It is not good business to put a customer through this.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@NOLOGBOOK wrote:

No they dont follow what's written they do what they want as I found with the vcd very lame excuse they gave me because I'm stupid and will believe it's because I moved my number I've had with att for 3 years a very n ok real thing to would be considered a violation of the bogo terms theni researched it nowhere does it say that. And they are so guilty they keep lieing and saying they are fixing it within 72 hours they will call back well 72 hours has gone by 4 times they are crooks

Your previous post was bad, this one is even more unintelligible.    All BOGO offers require you keep both lines on the account for the full term of the loan to get the deal.  It is written in the terms.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I did mine over the phone and trust me i asked every question there was to ask to avoid this problem. If they are not trying to scam anyone why want they listen to the recording??

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Amylynn4301 wrote:

I did mine over the phone and trust me i asked every question there was to ask to avoid this problem. If they are not trying to scam anyone why want they listen to the recording??

Because that's not what the recordings are made for. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I was lied to as well with the BOGO back in Sept 2019 and was told that if I added a new line and I upgraded I can do the BOGO and now they decided to change the expiration date and say I don’t qualify plus I told them I even decided to forget about the $300 gift card which was also a lie .. how can they scam like this which is total (Edited per community guidelines)

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Thiss exact thing just happened to me, I literally just got off of the phone with the loyalty department and they agreed I was lied to and said there was nothing they could do. I have been a customer since 2013 and this is ridiculous. I will NEVER do business with ATT again.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I was told 21 months ago that there was a buy one get one free promotion for a Galaxy S-9 so I was excited talking to the sales rep that I could upgrade my number and also get a brand new awesome phone for my daughter, I asked the sales rep more than once because I have OCD, "Are you sure this is a buy one get one free"? Answering more than once his answer was "yes", trusting that ATT which I have had for years of service not even thinking that they were this corrupt, I just trusted that it was being deducted, well now looking at the bill I find out they were charging installment charges for the hardware on both lines, so calling several times and talking to many reps and supervisors if you want to call them that? one rep said "well you didn't qualify for that promotion", "because you didn't have direct TV service with ATT, I said " no one ever told me I needed direct TV or I would have said no I don't want the extra phone" Every time I call they are telling me that I will not get my now 22 months of credit for this buy one get one, I'm so upset, this Company are a bunch of Corrupt individuals and I'm almost thinking that the reps they hire are trained to Screw you with your hard earned Dollars! they put words in my mouth and they talk around everything that is questioned?????

Does anyone want to find a good (Edited per community guidelines) and sue them?

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same problem, 22 months ago I upgraded my line and I called ATT, to see what phone I was going to buy the sales rep said " we  have a buy one get one free", I said really and being that I have OCD, I asked more than3 times, " are you sure this is a buy one get one"? the rep answered "yes", I was excited, excited that I could get my daughter a brand new Galaxy S-9, now 22 months later I find out they have been charged for both lines each month,

calling many customer service reps and supervisors I'm getting nowhere,

I want to hire a (Edited per community guidelines) and sue them, they are corrupt and it's not right!

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I was lied to as well and I was told thT by an att rep today at our local store. She also said she's seen this before. She's only been in the store for 3 months. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.