AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Fri, Sep 19, 2014 8:21 PM

LEGAL THIEVES

Ripped off again. I sent back a defective phone HTC ONE M8 (it's SOP for AT&T I'd to mail the replacement phone to the customer. Why not the local store (Chicago area, they're ALL over the place). Starting to smell the fish yet?
I received it, and returned the defective phone per their instructions. Guess what? THEY NEVER RECEIVED IT!!!! Amongst ALL the conflicting stories we we're told by numerous reps & supervisors, one being a memo was sent from the warehouse and confirmed they received the package, but could not locate the device in the warehouse. No one EVER said the box arrived empty, but AT&T expects a 10 YEAR customer to pay for their inept processing SOP ($579+ and "AT&T is the LAW." Yes, a supervisor actually said that!!!). One rep even said their records showed it was returned back to the manufacturer. You know that poor sap doesn't work there no more. One super claimed customers returns empty boxes all the time....but THEY'RE not calling me a thief. No, not at all. Pfffft. Implying isn't the same *rolls eyes* smh
Later in the "back & forth" they denied receiving a memo from the warehouse b/c the warehouse now claims they didn't receive it. A super told my husband anytime a defective phone is returned, photos are taken of the box, the opening of the box, the contents, and the device is checked for water damage. THEY HAVE NO RECORDS OF ANY PHOTOS ASSOCIATED WITH THAT DEVICE notated in my account, BUT WE HAVE THE BURDEN OF LOCATING THAT DEVICE FOR THEM!!! FOR THEM!!!!!! I did inform EVERYONE we talked to, the phone calls were being recorded.
They'll lose a TEN YEAR customer b/c they subcontract grunt work to minimum paid workers from the local Manpower, WorkForce, or Employment office. That's fine....THEY have competition. One store has a competitor across the parking lot. 8-|

Responses

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I hear the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4, out in a couple weeks, if not already puts every brand & model to shame (even THEIRS). Back to Samsung, and never leaving again. If I had known the Note 3 had front speakers I wouldn't have wasted my time and money on HTC (their only selling point), and requiring to locate a phone for AT&T.
ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.5K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @sugarbooger62 

I'm sorry you're having some issues with your return. Our team will be happy to look into it and help you with whatever we can! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have been fighting with you'll for years & years . But stay with you'll . It don't make sense . I have had it . Now you'll moved my bill up sooner . I call you'll can switch it back but I will have to pay a prorated bill . I have a folder about 5 inches thick of crap you'll have done me in the last 2years . IHAVE HADenough of you'll
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Jandoew

This is a customer to customer help forum. While ATT employees visit they may not see your post.
They will absolutely not see a post tacked onto an old thread, without any actually complaint or question.

If you have a problem or question, posting to a customer forum will get an honest answer but we can't guarantee you will like the answer your get.

Please try again, starting your own thread, an clearly state the problem.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

WHAT are you talking about, and WHO are you?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Read above response from an "AT&T" rep. You may want to read a thread before wasting time attempting to inform others of the obvious...duh

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Sure, AT&T rep Dmitry, I'll give you all my personal info after clicking on a link. 😛 I know how to get ahold of them. You didn't even read my post!!
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

43.1K Messages

4 years ago

@sugarbooger62 Don't click the link if you don't want to but the private message feature of this forum is secure. The link just takes you to a private message prepopulated with an address. You can click the message icon at the top of the page to get to your messaging inbox and compose your message from there. The addressee you want is @ATTMobilityCare.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@sugarbooger62 So you're back after two years, what ever happened with your phone? Did it ever get found? Did you ever get credit? 

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

My account was credited, but they never admitted their fault or offer an apology.

Get started...

Ask a new question