For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
iamabitch's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 20th, 2018 7:37 PM

lead time between receiving a bill and due date

I received my att bill via usps on the 20th and it is due on the 27th. if I was paying by usps there is no way to get toh payment to att on time. I am using internet banking to pay this bill and must submit it promptly. if I am on vacation during this period I cannot submit the payment on time. can I change the lead time to a more reasonable period. I know that credit card companies, by law must give a 21 day lead time. Why is att exempt of this practice. what can I do to change the grace period so that I will not incur a late charge? Or are late charges att's best profit stream?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@dennilee No one is forcing you to pay online. You can easily view your bill online and still pay by check in plenty of time. Though I don’t understand why anyone still wants to pay by check. There is more risk in paying by check than online.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

i dont know about anyone else but my bill is due every month on the same date and i get text alerts that i set myself to remind me its due and it even tells me the amount due but my bill never changes

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Constructive wrote:

i dont know about anyone else but my bill is due every month on the same date and i get text alerts that i set myself to remind me its due and it even tells me the amount due but my bill never changes

Since I pay electronically, I pay with a credit card so that I get points too, AT&T's due date is irrelevant to me, because it comes due on the due date of my charge card (weeks later).

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

arriving and sends the picture in an e mail. The e mail has the date. They
are not providing enough time to remitt payment. I got my last bill on June
17th at 4pm. It was due june 24th.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Bruce455 wrote:

It sounds like you had a week to remit payment after you received the paper bill. Of course, the bill was available online around the 6th or 7th, so you actually had about 2 1/2 weeks to remit payment. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Bruce455 wrote:
arriving and sends the picture in an e mail. The e mail has the date.

It's a photo of that day's delivery, I'm not sure what good having informed delivery is going to be in this case (I do have informed delivery).

They

That's a week to pay. If you don't want the $10 or $20 discount, you're going to need to hop on to pay the bill.

But it's a standard bill, the amount shouldn't ever be much of a surprise to you, so this shouldn't be much of an issue. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Gary Li do as well i have it set for autopay also

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Bruce455 wrote:

Not sure what your point is.  Informed delivery shows the mail being delivered that day, not when it was mailed, or printed.   

Your bill is online in myATT 4 days after the cycle closes, you could mail a check the next day, before the paper bill arrives.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

my bill from att only is available online on 13th each month, and autopay comes out on 15th....i fought for months to have my due date moved two weeks after bill is generated and they claim everytime that it is done , and i have never made any progress, with the shady billing that shows up from time to time from direct tv i cant stand this garbage, i wish there was a legal way to enforce them giving more than two business days notice.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@rjwilson85 wrote:

my bill from att only is available online on 13th each month, and autopay comes out on 15th....i fought for months to have my due date moved two weeks after bill is generated and they claim everytime that it is done , and i have never made any progress, with the shady billing that shows up from time to time from direct tv i cant stand this garbage, i wish there was a legal way to enforce them giving more than two business days notice.

FYI, my bill is on-line a day or three before they send me the message stating that it's available.

If you want the $10-$20 autopay discount, that's when they take it out.  I think they take debit out later but I could be mistaken (it seemed like it moved up when I switched from debit to credit).

As I have them charge it to my credit card as I want the points, I don't pay attention to the due date, because it's really due when the credit card is due.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.