Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
DennisJames's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Nov 8, 2019 9:19 PM

Insurance Scam

I have been a customer of AT&T for many years and I always forgo the insurance. When I go into a store and they ask me if I want the insurance, I always say no. This last time I went in to upgrade two phones and they added it anyway. And because I trust that they understood what "NO" meant, I had no reason to question the bill when I got it. Because we have our payment automatically deducted from our account, we never usually check the bill. A year later my son upgraded his phone and said that the employee mentioned that he should get the insurance since our two others phones had it. I had no idea that they had been charging me for insurance, that I clearly stated that I did not want. I called AT&T directly, not going into a store where there are usually young kids that apparently charge you for things you didn't need or want. Well, AT&T corporate did not help me at all. They said since the charges had been on there for so long, they couldn't help me or refund my money. THAT IS HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. A FRIEND SWITCHED TO VERIZON AND NOW I KNOW WHY.

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12K Messages

3 y مضت

@DennisJames, log into your account online and remove insurance (if the call center hasn’t done so...and check for yourself this time!)

Technically, paying the bill is saying that it is right and doing so for so long implicitly said you wanted insurance. File a BBB complaint and someone from the office of the President will contact you. If anyone can bend the rules and refund some money, that’s who it is. 

Going forward, make sure to check your bill carefully after making any changes and give it at least a cursory glance every so often. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.