For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
N

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 3rd, 2020 9:44 PM

Insane bills after Retconning Acct.

Got my account turned back to an ancient one. Bill went from $1200 to $400. Took a BBB complaint to get that through. Now, suddenly after 0 warnings, and the MyAT&T app showing no problems. My bill is now $1600!

My app literally says "no additional charges at this data usage". Bill however says $10 per 2gb, at 275gb that's $1200. Plus account change charges at $50 per device, plus regular charges, etc.

So I was "guaranteed" by back office that this was fixed! But now I'm asked to pay EVEN HIGHER? And to pay for every devices account changes? I'm seriously thinking, at $1600 a month, shouldn't I get a car with that? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

It sounds like you turn the clock back and put yourself back on a limited plan with overage charges, and you used a massive amount of data.  

Is that correct?   Why aren't you selecting an unlimited plan to avoid overage?

Seems like there is a long story we haven't been told... 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Actually it's the reverse. By the way, thanks for replying. Previously I was on the long forgotten AT&T business guanteed plan for medical/technical fields. Genuine real unlimited data. Might slow down due to popular times, but hey fixed costs. Then a few random costs started sneaking up. I asked about a discount and sure they changed the "potential" bill from $460 a month to $360 a month and threw in HBO max, to sweeten the deal. Sounded great until the actual bill was $1200. No unlimited data, just 30gb, and then $10 per 2gb after. We usually use 500gb!

I lost it. Even worse the data cap was actually 20gb. So every device hit the limit, not just the hotspot! 

After a truly insane amount of time on the phone. Like 80-100 hours. I got back office. Got every overage refunded and a $400 total bill.

I was so happy, a great compromise! Was told "this will never happen again, please don't use the BBB complaint site again!".

Was even asked to check the MyAT&T app to make sure the changes happened. Yep to this day it reports "no cost for additional data, expect the occaisional slowdown".

However now on my bill it's worse than ever, it has not only the $10 per 2gb, but also a charge per line of $50 to change my plan.

Yep it's a real $1600 bill. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

We can't see your detailed bill, you can.   You last few bills shoukd explain what charges are for.  If you used 275 gigs of data on a cell phone, you need unlimited data.  Your account online tells you what plan you have, so there shoukd not be these surprises.  You should be looking at your bill and plan any time you make changes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.