unicornw7's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Sep 26, 2017 8:51 PM

Closed

incorrect negative comment on credit report: Complaining to FTC

Hi,

I had an account with ATT 2 years back which was closed with zero balance, after talking to the account manager. All was good. Couple of years later i find that ATT has put a negative pending balance collection comment on my credit report which is harming my credit report badly.

I have spent hours talking to ATT collections dept, billing, dismissed accounts dept and all of them assured me that it was done in error and that they are going to remove it from my credit report. However, nothing has been done, its still on my credit report, i have no email, no notification and each time i call them i have to explain my self from scratch.

I have exhausted all talks with ATT and will be launching formal complaint to Federal trade commission about this unfair practice. ATT officials tell me different things each time and pass me to various departments just to say that theyll be able to help me but of no use till now. 

i am just wanting ATT to remove the unfair comment from my credit report and nothing else. I wont wait any longer and will be launching a formal complaint to FTC tomorrow.

I am notifying ATT via call and message to give them a chance to quickly take some steps if they are willing to resolve the issue. If not then i will have evidence to show to FTC that i did everything on my part and ATT has caused me financial loss and pain due to unfair collection comment on my credit report.

No Responses!
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.