Need help understanding your bill?
pixelhoedown's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 15th, 2023 4:43 PM

Incorrect Installment Plans On Account

On December 16, 2022, I went to an Apple store to purchase an iPhone 14 Pro Max and add it to my AT&T account for my partner as a Christmas gift. While attempting to check out, we received an error during the part of the process that activates the line on my AT&T account. The Apple rep decided to cancel the process and repeat the process a second time, but we received the same error during the AT&T part. We canceled the process again and the Apple rep told us that we would need to reach out to AT&T to figure out why I can't get the line activated on my account.

We left Apple having made no purchase and without any device, and planned to return after talking to AT&T. However, the 2 failed attempts somehow cause the lines to be added to my account successfully with installment plans, even though I never made a purchase or received a device.

When I contacted AT&T, I was told to go back to the same Apple store and they could have the installment plans removed. I went to the Apple store, they said AT&T would have to remove the installment plan IDs. We called AT&T together and worked with support. I was given an interaction number (no case number) and told the issue was resolved, but it wasn't.

I called again on January 6th when I realized the lines were still on the account. I explained everything to the rep, who confirmed that the 2 installment plan IDs are tied to the same IEMI device ID. AT&T support said that the device was listed as owned by Apple still and in their inventory, having not been sold. We opened a case and the lines were finally removed.

However, only the lines were removed and not the installment plans, and because the lines were removed outside of some 14 day period, the full amount of the installment plans were added to my account. At this point, I have a balance of ~$2700 due on my account that includes the full amount (x2) for the device I don't own.

I call again, escalate to a supervisor. They explain the original case did not remove the installment plans and instead just removed the lines, they confirm the issue I've described and have a new case opened for me. This case is set to resolve by Feb 01.

Feb 01 rolls around, still not resolved. According to the next calls I have with AT&T support, I learn that the previous cases that were opened were opened incorrectly. The charges still were not removed. A new case is opened on March 3rd, which I receive an automated text from AT&T confirming the case number and estimated resolution date of March 14th.

I leave a comment on the case requesting an update on March 8th as my billing due date is approaching:

Hello im just checking in on this to see if theres any progress I had to cancel my auto payment and I want to make sure my service isnt interrupted until this is resolved since the balance is incorrect If theres any information I can provide to expedite resolution please let me know Ive been dealing with this issue since December have talked to multiple support reps had it escalated several times and had cases opened 3 different times with the promise of this being solved

On March 9th, the day after leaving this comment requesting an update, I'm notified via automated text from AT&T that the case has been closed. My comment requesting an update was never responded to, and no details about the resolution are given in the text message or in the case via the web portal.

I call AT&T support again on March 9th (the same day as the closure) and escalate to a supervisor. Explain the case again, he confirms all of the details and explains that the previous cases were tagged with the wrong tag of "Credit Adjustment", and we needed to open a new case with the correct tags. This case is opened with the tags of "No Install" (supposedly so it's correctly associated with being an issue about installment plans) as well as "Urgent."

This new case has a resolution date March 14th. I wait patiently until the resolution date of March 14th, and on this date my service is suspended for non-payment. I cannot contact Support via phone, so I contact chat support. They tell me the case has been updated to a resolution date of March 18th and I need to either pay the $2700 balance to bring service back on, or wait for resolution on March 18th without service. Aside from this information, I receive no help via chat support other than "call from someone else's phone" sentiments.

Today, March 15th, I was able to borrow a phone on a different provider and call AT&T support. As of typing this, I have been on the phone with AT&T support for 3 hours and 4 minutes. I have been routed between Billing, Fraud, and Device Return departments. I have spoken to 2 different supervisors and am in line to speak with another. I have been recording audio of today's interactions.

AT&T has dropped the ball so many times in this situation, and it is clear there is a fundamental problem with their support workflow and systems. It's been proven by AT&T support that these installment plans on my account are both for a single device and that device is owned by Apple and not sold and not owned by me at any point. They have consistently pushed me off to other departments, or even tried to suggest the only resolution option is going back to the Apple store and having them resolve the issue. I have already tried going to the Apple store and even being on the phone with AT&T support from the same Apple store to no avail.

At this point, AT&T refuses to reactivate my service due to a past due amount that includes charges that I do not owe. Despite my best efforts to avoid this situation over the course of 3 months, they failed to resolve the issue before choosing to suspend my account. They refuse to provide a clear path of resolution despite all of this.

I need this resolved immediately.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

I doubt anyone is gonna read this novel you wrote 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

1 year ago

Just file a better Business bureau complaint online. Probably the way you should have gone from the beginning so that AT&t upper management would take charge of this rather than having a bunch of incompetent Peons on both AT&t and apples side trying to resolve something that never should have happened in the first place.

The better Business bureau complaint is forwarded back to AT&t upper management and you should get a phone call or email within a couple of days depending on how you chose to be contacted

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@Constructive Posting this to the void was bound to be as helpful as actually working with AT&T, so nothing to lose at this point :)

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@formerlyknownas I have read to first submit a Notice to Dispute and then file with FCC/BBB. Does that sound reasonable to you?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.