For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
T

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 10th, 2020 2:49 AM

Incompetent customer service representatives

I'm on hold at least 60 minutes then someone picks up but can't help me either so they transfer me where I'm waiting another 60 minutes. Your automated service says my wait is 5 minutes but it takes another 60-70 minutes. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR STAFF AT&T?? I returned my phone and confirmed that you received it but was charged $609. Absolutely no person employed there can help me. I've been calling since last month just to get nothing but angry. It seems nobody writes notes in my account and nobody reads them because they ask the same exact questions. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

3 years ago

The high hold times are unfortunately a result of Covid. All the stay at home orders meant they had to close several call centers (temporarily) and rely on more outsourcing that is not as knowledgeable about the service. From experience at my own place of work (not AT&T to be clear), the infrastructure was not built to handle this so it is overtaxed.

We unfortunately cannot get you through sooner or access your account. This is a public forum of other customers.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

No (Edited per community guidelines) sherlock. I know what this forum is for. My phone is my money therefore their customer reps, sups, and everyone else need to be there for their customers, period. At&t is the most highly rated phone service out here so they need to be even more attentive to their customer's questions, needs, complaints, etc.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

3 years ago

Them needing to be there for their customers doesn't change the bad situation they are in. They just don't have enough support in people or the infrastructure to handle not working from a dedicated call center.

I do wonder if this situation will light a fire under the needed entities to expand and improve upon the internet infrastructure nationwide.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.