Hurry! Find the perfect gift today! Everyone gets our best deals on any smartphone!
Need help understanding your bill?
toldave27's profile

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 30th, 2023 10:24 PM

In Home Expert - traded in phones, but not received credit

Last August an in home expert came to our home when we were being converted to fiber and sold us on switching from Verizon to ATT.  Part of the sale was a $20 credit per month for trading in our phones.  The expert did not process our trade in correctly and no one can find the phones.  Per discussions with the 800# a credit was issued for one of our phones but to a name I do not know.  

I have provided the IMEI numbers of our old phones and no one can find them.  I have called the 800# several times and been told the in home expert has to solve.  I have left many messages for her and her supervisor and no one is getting back to me with a resolution.    I have their contact info.  The corporate store manager has been helpful but he can't solve.

Who can I escalate this to get resolution.  I traded in 4 phones and was to receive a credit of $2,800 in total, but have not received it.

Very frustrating!!!! I need help!  Any suggestions?

ACE - Sage

• 

113.4K Messages

7 months ago

AT&T doesn't keep these phones they go to a third party trade-in center which is a completely separate business. So those IMEIs weren't really going to help you. Although if you're not going to get credits, the option to blacklist those phones is still yours.

Meanwhile you can file a better business beer complaint. The complaint is forwarded to AT&T upper management and someone will call you

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

Thank you very much for this suggestion, I would not have thought of filing a BBB claim.  I filed the claim after reading this message on a Saturday and received a call on Monday afternoon from the Office of the President.  The rep was helpful took all my info and began working on my issue.  By the end of the week she notified me I would be caught up on my credits and I just received my bill showing that!

After several months of frustration, the issue has been resolved.  Thanks again!!

Not finding what you're looking for?