The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
Help for account, billing & more
S

• 

1 Message

Sat, Nov 27, 2021 4:06 PM

I’m being charged 100$ for a family plan

I recently got added to a family plan with 5 people and the cost was supposed to be around 40-50$ but somehow all the lines are being charged 100$. There’s 5 lines on the plan right now. I don’t know why I’m being charged so much. 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.4K Messages

2 m ago

We certainly don't know either, as we're a community of AT&T users and have no access to your information other than what you share with us.  If you shared an image of your bill (with account numbers, names and addresses redacted, of course), maybe we could explain.

$100/line does sound sort of steep for an account with 5 lines on it, even with phone installments, though if it includes a prorated billing cycle, in addition to a full one, you could get up there.  I know it is possible to get 5 lines for under $200 total.

Some discounts take a while to kick in, e.g. the paperless & Autopay discount won't kick in for a couple of months.

Anyway, please share your bill (without personal information) and maybe we can help figure it out.

(edited)

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.2K Messages

2 m ago

What do you mean by “all lines are being charged $100”?There is no way any 5 line plan is being charged $500. If you got added to someone else’s plan and the account owner is telling you your share is $100, that’s between you and them.

ACE - Sage

• 

91.9K Messages

2 m ago

Yeah, you need to ask for a print out.  And all need to read the bill. 

As a new line, activation would be $30 each line, on top of service charge and installments.  First bill is more than one month's service, no credits yet for auto pay and paperless billing or phones.

A first bill for 5 lines and new phones might be $500.   My first with Verizon with 5 lines and no installments was over $400.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.