For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
K

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020 3:30 PM

Identity fraud ATT

We’ve had ATT email, phone and Direct TV through ATT for years. We are always current on our accounts. When trying to add a new device to our account we discovered that someone opened another ATT email account in our names last year. They are trying to charge us $1500 for not returning the equipment when the service was cut off. We’ve been attempting to contact the identity theft fraud unit for 3 days and have sat on hold for hours and cannot get through. I want to know what address the technician hooked this service up at. Did they even attempt to verify identity through a photo I’d when dropping off $1500 worth of equipment? We’re they not alerted at the potential fraud by noticing we already had long-standing accounts at our home address??? I have their on hold music playing in my house all day because nobody is apparently there to pick up a phone. I seriously want to file suit against them for this unnecessary 3 day hassle because of their negligent acts in not verifying identity. Basically for the time we’ve spent sitting on hold for 3 days. While on hold, we contacted customer service back who said nothing they can do until we reach the fraud unit. I’m at a loss as to how to get the fraud unit to pick up a phone??

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Whatever it was that was opened, it wasn't just an email account. There is no equipment to return for an email account. It must have been internet or tv service. Sorry, I have no idea what to tell you other than keep calling. Are you calling the right number?

https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1159583/

If your identity was used to establish AT&T service without your knowledge, please call our Global Fraud Management Organization at one of these numbers:

Wireless accounts: 877.844.5584

Home Phone, Internet, or U-verse TV accounts: 888.471.4576

• 

1 Message

I called that number also but I actually spoke with a rep. Unfortunately I was given another number 1-888-329-2319 where I remained on hold for 29 min with no answer. will try another time,

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.