mrbluebottle
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!
Picasso

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Fri, Feb 13, 2015 12:43 PM

I was quoted and agreed to one price - my first bill is much more.

Yes, I have my original order summary, It says what I am getting, what i paid at time of order and what I will pay monthly.

It all seems pretty clear, but now my bill is allot more. I have called and talked to a CSR, and even a MGR. Neither will say that my receipt is wrong, but they say my bill WILL BE more than the amount quoted on my order summary. No explanation is given as to why. I would not have chosen ATT if I had known the TRUE cost of the service.

I think this is illegal, a receipt for an order is a binding agreement in my state. I am just lucky I was smart enough to print it out as I cannot find it on ATT website now.

Has anyone else had a similar problem.? What are the none lawyer options?

thanks

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Responses

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

6 y ago

kdfederer

Here is the biggest picture it will let me post- do you see the cost of the phones on next INCLUDED.

edit7.jpg

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

6 y ago

lizdance40

Order Summary

Once you have placed your order, you will see your order summary, which will include your order number. At this time you will be able to print a copy of your receipt for your records. A copy of your receipt will also be included in your order shipment.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.4K Messages

6 y ago

Missinformation = misunderstanding.

But it would be all cleared up by looking at your bill online.

It is clear that your only point is to complain about deception on the part of a sales person. I get that. He or she was not being deceptive. He or she just can't add in their head well enough to tell that your ORDER SUMMARY does not add up, and should not be considered a receipt or a reflection of what your BILL will actually be.

If you have learned anything here, it is that we only have use for the facts and figures and don't care a bit for what some math challenged clerk, or computer print out (which is NOT a receipt) may say. What people SAY, and what is HEARD are often subject to selective hearing.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

6 y ago

That is your opinion, It is my understanding that you are completely wrong. If anyone would look at the totality of your post, and objective person can clearly see that you are biased. I am cool with that.

I will update this as it makes its way through the process - if for no other reason - but to show other users , just how bad your understanding is.

I am confident when this process is completed - you will have lost all credibility on this forum.

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 y ago

After re-reading ALL the posts and looking at ALL the summaries, here is what I can figure out.

Your monthly wireless bill is $81.94. That DOES NOT include the 2 phone purchases of $15.97 each or $31.94. Your monthly bill will be 113.88 per month plus taxes and fees. There will be some pro-rating of the first months costs INCLUDING the phones which aren't included on the monthly summary. That could bring your first bill up to the point that you are complaining about.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.4K Messages

6 y ago

@kdfederer

Come on. Now I have to question your math.
2 lines at $40 with $15 discount
3 GBS of data for $40
That is $90 for SERVICE ONLY.

Now add $31.94 for the phones and taxes
Minimum payment $121.94.

Is there an employee discount involved? If so, that would be one more bit of information NOT INCLUDED .

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

6 y ago

No, No employee discount.

I understand what your posting, But my order summary (Receipt according to att) Says something completely different.

In my state of IOWA, this has been tested many times, IF a store or business list something described or labeled with a price, they have to sell it at that price, even if that means they take a loss. In Iowa a company or business is help RESPONSIBLE for their advertising practices.

With your help we have concluded that this error resulted from a mistake, and not a fraud on anyone's part, At&T will have to abide by the price they quoted on my receipt.

This entire thread has been archived.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

48.3K Messages

6 y ago

Lizdance, your math looks right to me. Now I understand why the OP is upset because the items listed on the first page simply do not add up to $81.94 but I think I know where that number comes from. If you only take the access charge for each line ($40 - $15 discount) and the next charge for each line, you get $25+$25+$15.97+$15.97=$81.94. That order summary does not include the $40/month for the 3GB shared plan.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.4K Messages

6 y ago

That is fine. All of your information gathered and the advertised prices, in combination with your detailed order summary, despite the incorrect total, will get you no where with consumer protection laws in Iowa, or any other state.
The laws specifically protect you against false advertising, not poor math skills or bad computer programing.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/iowa-law/iowa-deceptive-trade-practices-laws.html

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I had similar problem. was quoted one price and then the bills were 20% higher than the price I was told. I sent email but as expected got no reply. Iwould recommend that you NEVER do a bundle with ATT.  Procure each piece separately that may help you get what you expect.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.4K Messages

4 y ago

@jerry2bill

wouldnt have been in taxes and fees?

Get started...

Ask a new question