mrbluebottle
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!
Picasso

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Fri, Feb 13, 2015 12:43 PM

I was quoted and agreed to one price - my first bill is much more.

Yes, I have my original order summary, It says what I am getting, what i paid at time of order and what I will pay monthly.

It all seems pretty clear, but now my bill is allot more. I have called and talked to a CSR, and even a MGR. Neither will say that my receipt is wrong, but they say my bill WILL BE more than the amount quoted on my order summary. No explanation is given as to why. I would not have chosen ATT if I had known the TRUE cost of the service.

I think this is illegal, a receipt for an order is a binding agreement in my state. I am just lucky I was smart enough to print it out as I cannot find it on ATT website now.

Has anyone else had a similar problem.? What are the none lawyer options?

thanks

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Responses

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

6 y ago

rrrrr (2).jpg

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

6 y ago

There I found out how to post the picture of my order summary. Look at the bottom that says amount due monthly, I know that the gov. fees ect. are not included. But my first bill says I owe 147.00. This is so much more than what I was quoted.

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 y ago

Your first bill will include activation fees and prorated billing amounts. The amount of the prorated billing depends on bill end dates. You will have to look at your bill and see what the extra costs are for. They should be detailed on your bill.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

6 y ago

As you can see from the picture of the summary that I posted there were NO activation fees or any fees added to the first bill. Yes I did have a prarated amount of $4 But that does not explain the discrepancy from $85 to $147

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

6 y ago

Everyone says to look at my bill... That is after the fact. I am looking at my receipt. It says what I bought. What I paid. And what I will pay.
Busternutt

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

6 y ago

You're right that it doesn't show ANY fees. But unless you have something in writing waiving the activation fee, I'm sure that is the majority of your excess charge. If you've looked at your bill to see the $4 pro rated charge, then you should know what the other charges are.

What you've posted is your cost for your monthly plan as well as the cost of the device. It is not a promise of what your bill will be.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

6 y ago

But its clear that it says monthly cost.. As in the amount it will cost per month. How can you argue with clear written English.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

6 y ago

I have the first page of that billing summary that says that the activation ffees are 0.0 . but that has my private information on it so I will not post it.
Busternutt

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

6 y ago

NM

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

6 y ago

OMG people.

the first bill includes 2 months of service.  ATT bills one month ahead.  That is why you bill is almost double.

And if you look there would be no activation fee because this person is on next hince the line on the order summary that says sales tax paid.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

6 y ago

Hey Glimmerman76, thanks for looking. What you said is all correct. But even if you add my first prorated month 10$ and the next month 81.54 and ad the government fees and taxes... Ect it still does not equel anything near 147$.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

6 y ago

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 y ago

Without seeing your bill, no one can guess what the problem is. Can you give a breakdown of each charge that is shown on your bill?

We all assume, it is because of starting new service. There are fees and pro-rated fees usually associated with new service.

Unless you give specifics as to the charges on your bill, everything is an assumption until we get more information.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

6 y ago

My receipt, which is posted above shows what I bought, what I paid and what I agreed to pay. That why it is called an order summary, it summarizes my order. If its not on that order summery, then I did not purchase it. That why all business transactions have a receipt in this county. It is proof of what was bought, received, agreed to and paid. --- can you imaging going to the store to buy milk, getting home and realizing that although you store receipt says you only bought milk, it turns out that the store charged you for other things after the fact. That would be fraud.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

6 y ago

that is not a bill.  You need to look at your bill line by line.  Just log into my att and post something like this

Mobile Share for Tablet 4G LTE
$10.00

Total Monthly Plan Charges
$10.00

Total for
$11.31

Mobile Share Value iPhone w/ Visual Voicemail
$40.00

alertIcon
Discount for Mobile Share Value Savings
−$25.00

International Long Distance - Standard
$0.00

$15.00

Total for 
$20.15

Promo for Mobile Share Value Plan 30GB
$130.00

Mobile Share Value Smartphone 4G LTE w/ VVM
$40.00

alertIcon
−$25.00

$0.00

alertIcon
National Account Discount help
−$32.50

$112.50

$40.00

alertIcon
−$25.00

$0.00

$15.00

Total for 
$20.15

$40.00

alertIcon
−$25.00

$0.00

$15.00

Get started...

Ask a new question