Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
Marvinjay_10's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, February 11th, 2017 5:38 PM

I was mislead on changing my plan. Im so mad i need help.

We just saw a 323 and a 280 bill on at&t wireless.. for 2 lines that i barely use. I upgraded my phone at bestbuy on 11/26 our bill was usually 190 now its this.. please help

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

7 years ago

This is a community forum, we can't see the bill, but you can.  Read the details.  

You would be charged an upgrade fee and an installment on a new phone.  If the November bill was already issued, the additional charges would show for November and December on the December bill.   

However, a $100 increase makes no sense.   

Go back and read the October bill to see what plan and bills detail.  Then see what was changed in December.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I was on my wifesgrandfathered family plan 700 that has unlimited data already. The best buy guy said the at&t unlimited plan will n let us save 30 dollars a month from our 190 usual bill.. now my bill has the 2 line charges. 1 for the grandfathered roll over line, 150 then the at&t unlimited line. So 2 separate lines, 2 charges 1 bill.. now why would i want to pay 100 dollars more for a phone? Why would i change a plan that is as lready unlimited? Now they are saying i cant go back to the plan..

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I was on my wifesgrandfathered family plan 700 that has unlimited data already. The best buy guy said the at&t unlimited plan will n let us save 30 dollars a month from our 190 usual bill.. now my bill has the 2 line charges. 1 for the grandfathered roll over line, 150 then the at&t unlimited line. So 2 separate lines, 2 charges 1 bill.. now why would i want to pay 100 dollars more for a phone? Why would i change a plan that is as lready unlimited? Now they are saying i cant go back to the plan..

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Seems like both lines didn't get merged into the new unlimited group properly.

2 lines on the new unlimited plan is $60 plus $40x2. So $140 before device payments, insurance, etc.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

7 years ago

I hate to be a pian, but still not enough information.

How many lines?

Do you have ATT TV services? (Uverse or satellite?)

Did all your lines get moved to the new plan, or just yours?

Did you upgrade a phone on the Next plan on an existing line?

Or somehow open a new line?

Or was the previous phone an old, basic/messaging phone?  (This would require a new, separate plan for a smartphone)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Basically, you were misled by someone wanting to make a sale in store. Unfortunately, it happens all too often and they know that. Many years ago I was with AT&T but I have been with Sprint for the last 14 yrs. So I too have a grandfathered plan that no one could get today. However, Sprint has a policy that if you switch to another plan and don't like it, they will allow you to switch back to the previous plan you had. So I was lucky bc I had somewhat of a similar situation. I wasn't snookered by a unscrupulous employee, but I needed to add someone to my plan so I had to switch to a different modern day plan and they are structured completely different. 

Back in the day, Mobile companies' profit center were billable calling minutes. In the present it's all about Data, Line Fees and the Payments for new phones. The only thing I can tell you is to keep raising a stink and going up the food chain (both with AT&T and BEST BUY) with how you were completely misled until someone is so sick of hearing from you that they capitulate. It's the squeaky wheel....and the super upset long-time customer. When Sprint does some dumb crap, I ask them if they really want to lose a customer who has been loyal to them for 14 yrs?!?  And then I keep ask for everyone's Supervisor until I get to THE DECISION MAKER or someone who will truly go to bat for me and take it themselves to the decision maker....just as good sometimes even better. So just keep calling. Remember, there are thousands of people working in those call centers; you just need one who will feel your pain about how badly you were misled so some kid could make a sale and not give a crap about how that effected you and your family on your very tight budget, just trying to make it.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

7 years ago

I think @David606 nailed it.  The new plan is cheaper, but only one line was moved, so youre paying for 2 plans.  The time to complain was right away.  This is an easy fix.  Call 611 and ask that both line s be put on the new plan as requested back in November.  Ask for back credits, they should be willing to throw in something.

Please, always check your bill after any changes.  You can ask ATT or the forum if something seems off.  No reason to feel ripped off when it's a simple fix.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

No one was misled. A line didn't get merged into the new unlimited plan group like it was supposed to therefore the account had 2 seperate plans and was billed for that.

There are no conspiracies.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes i have directv. No i had mobile before woth my samsung note3, we have 2 att next plan iphone6s, and samsung s7 active, my wife will not give up her unlimited plan she really wants to keep it. But mischavus1 was right i was even showed the computation at best buy by the sales ageht which i will try to look for, he showed me the computation and it was 30 dollars cheaper so it will be about 160 with 2 phones.

I was on vacation overseas so i didnt see bill right away and my wife handling it. Imagine 323 december and 285 january i wish i could just go back to my old plan. Id rather pay for the open line phone. Dont know what to do.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

7 years ago

@Marvinjay_10   

Please read the responses and call ATT.  This is a simple fix.  Reply 8 tells you what to ask for.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.