Need help understanding your bill?
N

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 1st, 2020 8:58 AM

I want to pay unpaid bills of my AT&T IphoneXS device -

My Family Member was in US january and using this phone. Phone is clean.

After moving to UK for sometime he passed away in UK - He was carrying his Simcard having phone at home.

I dont have this number as this was his second number. This device is locked - i want to unlock it and want to return to family member in UK. 

This has unpaid bill - i am not able to pay the bills online as i dont have number. can somebody please help the way to pay the  bills?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

If the account and Bill was in the deceased person's name you cannot pay his bill unless you have the access information.   AT&T will waive Bill and installments for deceased person's but it will not unlock the phone if it has not been paid off in full.

• 

2 Messages

@lizdance40 Thank you for the response. I am ready to do a full payment for my uncles phone. still i cant pay the bills?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

Not without account access.  It is possible that whoever is the executor of his estate will be able to eventually pay off his account and phone. If someone has power of attorney they may be able to gain access and pay off the phone and account. But without one of these it's not going to happen. AT&T has to protect the privacy of all its customers, even if a customer has passed away.

Sorry. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.