For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
smartnesskills's profile

Mentor

• 

222 Messages

Tuesday, April 20th, 2021 9:47 PM

I returned a online tablet purchase and have questions.

I received an email from At&t saying they received my returned tablet on April 15th and it said it could take 5-7 days to process. My question is: will my bill automatically update when it is processed? My bill is already ready to view. Will I be refunded to $30 activation fee? I returned the tablet through the mail the same day I received it without activating it.

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

222 Messages

3 years ago

I was able to get it resolved by calling and speaking with a customer service representative. They were able to refund the two months of service they ended up charging me well sort of, they refunded all but, $10 that they said would come off the following month but, again it never showed up on my bill. I am not worried about the $10 bill credit. They had a really hard time canceling the service line for the tablet because apparently "someone" put a "place holder" device and it wouldn't let them remove it to be able to cancel the service.

Mentor

• 

222 Messages

3 years ago

At&t still hasn't taken the tablet off of my account and closed the line! I don't know what to do.

Mentor

• 

222 Messages

3 years ago

Also I was charged a first month's payment for the tablet and charged the activation fee!

ACE - New Member

• 

286 Messages

3 years ago

@smartnesskills

If Customer Service isn't helping you, ask for the Loyalty Department. If the LD is not solving the issue, file an FCC complaint.

The only way to receive support from AT&T beyond CS or LD is to file a complaint with an outside organization and wait for the Office of the President to contact you.

Good luck, I hope you get a resolution soon.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.