Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Help for account, billing & more
johnsonneil's profile

• 

1 Message

Sat, May 28, 2022 12:40 PM

I feel deceived and I am outraged with AT&T.

I recently spoke with Andre F [email scrubbed] about my monthly bill is too high.  He said, he saw problems with how the account was set up and asked my permission to make changes.  He assured me that by adding a new line, my bill would be lowered.  I questioned this and he assured me again, that my bill would not exceed $220 monthly.  My bill is now $291.69 (higher than ever) and I cannot get ahold of him.  I feel like I was deceived and I want what I was promised (a bill lower than $220).  I feel deceived and I am outraged with AT&T.  The call was recorded and I want a manager to listen to it and fix my account.

Former Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3分前

Adding a line is not going to make your bill lower, it's not logical. Calls are recorded at random for quality and training purposes only. All prices are published online for everyone to see.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

3分前

Agree. Adding services or merchandise never makes the bill go down.

Unless you purchased a phone on this new line there's no reason you can't call AT&T, use the words cancel service when you get the automated phone tree. This sends you automatically to the loyalty department and you can explain that you did not ask for a new line of service.

As for how to lower your bill, pay off phones, delete lines, remove unnecessary devices like watches or tablets. You should also check to see if the current plans at att.com might be cheaper than what you are paying for now. If none of that works pay off everything and move all your lines in a corporate store to prepaid service.

But if you were looking for some magical thing that's going to make your service cheaper and still keep the same level of service with the same devices, that is illogical, and unreasonable.

I'm a Verizon customer and Verizon is about to increase the $1.95 admin fee by $1.35 on each of my five lines. My response is to cancel my companion device and one of my extra lines that I can do without.  The result is my cancellations will more than make up for the increase in the admin fee.  Verizon gains nothing, but loses income

If that doesn't satisfy me I may move all of us to prepaid.   

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.