Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Mar 14, 2017 5:35 AM

i did not get the rate i was promise

i switch  att for my mobile.  i was quoted for $254 for 5 line and a buy one get one phone.  i spoke with Jakara

$60 for unlimited

$40 access only for 3 lines and 2 lines for free. bogo phone total is $79 = $259 per month

also i was told i will get a promo card of $200 per line

when i called again cause i have a question regarding the bill i see online.  I spoke with Fan who provided me a new quote cause theres a new promo

$75 unlimited

$20 acees for 5 lines and then buy one get one phone = 79

so thet is $175 + my 3 phones  =$254 per month

i went online and saw a $693 bill i called and chat to get an explanation, i was told there no documentation of the deals mentioned above.

i chat with a Hennie and given a nother quote of $252 and change and said change will reflect one i loout and lo back in but when i did that it shows a different rate which $310.

i;ve neen given differetn quotes nd lied BOUT IT. Im getting tired. Ive been with att mobile for only a week and im already stressed out.  also my employee discount is not being horored and iwas not told about it until today.

Responses

jt212s

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @jullsd,

I'm not sure where some of the information you were given came from.

For the Unlimited Plus plan, an accurate quote would've been:

$115 + $20 * 5 = $215. You would also save an additional $10 if you did auto pay with a debit card or checking account, for a total of $205. Plus the $39.50 is $244.50

As far as your bill, without you providing us more detail as to what's on it, it's hard to say. There could be mobile purchases, there could be international calling charges, there could be a lot of things.

And as of now, your employer discount will not apply to the Unlimited Plus and Unlimited Choice plans. Only military discounts of 15% are eligible on the new plans.

If you provide more details about your bill, we can help you out.

Keep in mind your first bill will have things like proration, activation fees ($25 per line), and potentially higher taxes due to all of this. Also note that the auto pay discount and the BOGO credits can take up to 3 billing cycles to appear.

My estimate, without proration for all of that for a first bill would be $215 + $79 + $125 (activation fees) + $50 (taxes for 5 lines) = $469. So with proration, I can easily see how this bill could've gotten up to $600.

Hope that explains it a little bit for you.

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I was considering cancelling my service and was given a rate by the retention department.  I verbally confirmed all of the details for a shared family plan with 4 phones.  They are billing me $25 more than what I agreed to.  I called them and they said that they cannot give me the rate I was told.  They lied to me to keep me as a customer.  Time to find a different provider that doesn't lie to their customers.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@jullsd wrote:

when i called again cause i have a question regarding the bill i see online.  I spoke with Fan who provided me a new quote cause theres a new promo

$75 unlimited

$20 acees for 5 lines and then buy one get one phone = 79

so thet is $175 + my 3 phones  =$254 per month

Which plan was that? Unlimited Plus? (Choice?)

I like that plan, that'd be $135 for 3 lines. I'd take that plan in second if it's Unlimited Plus.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question