Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
Need help understanding your bill?
N

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 3rd, 2021 8:03 PM

I canceled my entire service with ATT within 14 days of switching was was billed for full month and over the price of the plan selected

I decided to try out ATT as a cell carrier, but the coverage area at my house was worse than my previous carrier.  I went back within 14 days and canceled the service because I could not make calls from my house with ATT.  I received a bill 2 months later for full monthly service even though it was less than 14 days.  They did however prorate my auto bill credit to reflect a partial month.  On top of it, the full month service was for a higher service than I selected.  Total bill came to about $130 per the lowest 4gb shared plan they had.  Beware of ATT and their so called coverage map.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

63.9K Messages

2 years ago

The 14 day period is for returning the phone, not for trying out the service. You must cancel within 3 days to avoid getting service charges.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

people, as per agent from debt collector. AT&T has a contract that will automatically renew every after 2 years. even your done paying the mobile device. its called service fee charge. I spoke to Verizon, to where I switch. Agent from Verizon told me once 2yr contract has been completed the device has been paid. you can switch to any network without penalty fee and they dont automatically renew you for the next 2 yr.

AT&T (Edited per community guidelines)!!!!! worst ever!!!! Milking their client...😡😡😡😡

(edited)

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

63.9K Messages

2 years ago

@Zars1982 That is absolutely false. ATT ended service contracts over 3 years ago. Even when they did contracts, they never automatically renewed. They only renewed when you bought a new discounted phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

107.3K Messages

2 years ago

🤦🏼‍♀️. Good grief. 

@Zars1982    Verizon and AT&T run exactly the same.  I know, I've used both.  And what you wrote is false. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.