Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
DMJACK's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, February 13th, 2024 7:08 PM

I canceled my account with ATT & they still billed for a smart watch

I cancelled my account with ATT and moved everything over to Spectrum because my bills just continued to grow.

Later I opened an odd email from ATT that said I owed money and they were cancelling my account.  I already paid off all equipment, got the transfer codes and cancelled the account.  ATT neglected to cancel the entire account and continued to bill me for the smartwatch on its own and is now trying to collect for a service I cancelled.

The people I talked to said that I needed to handwrite a letter and mail it to a location.  This all feels criminal, and purposely difficult in order to delay a persons attempts at making them correct their mistake.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

4 months ago

Did you call after you ported your phone number and say "I want to cancel service on my smart watch?" If not, then, no you didn't cancel everything. Only phone numbers can be ported. Everything else requires a phone call to cancel.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

4 months ago

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Service providers do not port data only lines.

So when I switched carriers I called and canceled my tablet line in advance. Then I ported my phone numbers. Then I got new service on the tablet with my new service provider, with a random assigned number.

I don't spell spectrum told you you had to specifically call and cancel your watch line?   They just activated a brand new line for it?  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.