Need help understanding your bill?
amit1217's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, June 1st, 2018 12:04 AM

Closed

I am being charged for a buy one get one free iPhone I bought in December 2017

I was sold the BOGO deal with a new line in December 2017. 4 months later, I noticed that I did not receive any credit for the second device payments nor was the 4th-month bill any different. Upon calling, I was told a case was being submitted to back-office to fix the issue. Another month later, the 5th-month bill shows up with no changes i.e. being charged for both devices. I have had to call customer service over 10+ times and each time the call lasted over 30 minutes. They kept telling me that I had to have Direct TV for the BOGO deal...various reps looked up and told me that there was another BOGO deal that was extended through December 31st, others told me that the BOGO deal with iPhoneX with a new line did not require TV.  Finally, customer service and loyalty department recognized that there was a mistake on their part as the BOGO deal had expired a day before I was sold the promotion so they logged what is called an ICU case i.e. apply the promotion as it was sold even though it had ended. 2 weeks later after being on call with customer service and loyalty department, I was told there is nothing they can do - the best they could offer is a free accessory - really???. I even asked the logical question that if I was sold the BOGO deal with TV, how come you never came to install Direct TV for 5 months and no one had a response to that question besides saying sorry...

Pathetic...I feel I was cheated. Are there others in this situation? I am ready to leave AT&T as I feel cheated. Based on principles, I can't stay on with a company that is not willing to admit their sales reps mistake and take care of customers. I am hoping their sr. management sees this message and takes some action to 

ACE - Sage

• 

104K Messages

5 years ago

@amit1217

Like any other offer, it’s partly the customers job to be aware of the terms and fulfill them.

There were multiple phone offers through the holidays.  I will see if I can post the two that might have covered a December purchase. 

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1232016

There was a straight BOGO with a new line from 12/16 to 12/24.  I don’t know what phones it included.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40   I was not informed of any TV service is what I am stating. The fact that the sales rep sold me on a BOGO deal with a new line that expired on 12/26 is not my fault. I should have been told about the TV offer which was not mentioned at all during my conversation. Note that I initiated the call asking for the BOGO deal with a new line so I had no clue that it was expired. If I was told that deal had expired and I needed a TV service for the BOGO deal, I wouldn't have signed up.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

These people lie. Thety just tried to take advantage of my 89 year iold mother in law with this fake BOGO - transfer a line crap.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Today, my 89 year old mother in law was promised a BOGO if she switched from Verizon. Afdter she cxl'd verision, she went to ATT in Long Beach and was told she had to upgrade another device to get a BOGO.

They lied. Took advantage of a 89 year iold woman.

ACE - Sage

• 

104K Messages

4 years ago

@516.426.1207 wrote:

Today, my 89 year old mother in law was promised a BOGO if she switched from Verizon. Afdter she cxl'd verision, she went to ATT in Long Beach and was told she had to upgrade another device to get a BOGO.

They lied. Took advantage of a 89 year iold woman.

Unless she is wants 2 lines and 2 phones, what is the point of a BOGO?    

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It happened to me I went on March 2018 same deal BOGO if you signed up with Direct TV. Of course thought it was a great deal and went ahead and signed up with Direct tv. I was aware that the first 3 months I was going to be charge for both phones and then get reimbursed but that never happened. I called customer service I got transfer a couple of times spoke with the manager and said that the promotion was for buy one iPhone X and get another iPhone but older version. Well if I would have known that I sure wouldn't have gone ahead with the deal. He said there was nothing he could do I was a mistake from the sales rep from the store. I feel so frustrated and can't believe that now i'm stuck paying two phones and at&t just simply can't do anything. 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I've had a similar issue.  My Bill hasn't been right since day 1.  I purchased an iPhone X and 2 iPhone 8 Plus one of which was supposed to be free.  I was warned that the second 8 plus wouldn't come off the bill for 3-4 cycles but that they would credit our account when it became free and that we wouldn't be charged for it again.  This has NEVER happened.  I have called every month and they always credit the account the $30 for the phone until this last month when they "Escalated" the issue to the "Specialty Team".  We were told to wait to pay the full amount until the issue was handled and to just pay $100 to avoid any issues.  Then the automated system said that we would be disconnected if we didn't pay the balance in full.  We called and were told unfortunately they hadn't finished taking care of the issue but to go ahead and pay the bill and they would credit the difference as well as any re connection fees to our bill.  The bill came and not only had that not happened but they added a "One Time" $140.00 charge to our bill and our phone was still not free.  When I called customer service AGAIN I was told their was nothing that could be done about any of the charges, the phone would never be free and that they would not transfer me to any supervisor as I was speaking to one.  I called back and was given a similar story and when asked to speak to a manager or supervisor about the issue I was placed on a 45 minute hold after which the line disconnected.  All we want is the bill we signed up for.  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. Good luck with your issue as well!  

ACE - Sage

• 

104K Messages

4 years ago

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am going through the same thing right now got the buy one get one in Dec 2017 was getting a credit until 6/2018 when it feel off. They are now telling me   I was one day late on the buy one get one. We need to start ***** ATT they are liars and thieves. They are having cussing open new lines and add new services while not giving the promised credits.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Jenkna

Scholar

• 

97 Messages

4 years ago

@Jceplus1 

Do a search on BOGO on these message boards and you will realize you are not alone.   This thread is just one of 1,000s of complaints.  

I’ve gone in circles with the customer service reps, loyalty, even the “Office of the President” trying to sort out my BOGO credit issue.   They all promise follow through and then nothing happens.   No call back, no communication, just empty promises.   I feel like I’m in some type of upside down world - how can a company as big and well known as AT&T have such a terrible system for tracking issues?  It blows my mind.   

It it sounds like AT&T is claiming a technicality in your case and has decided to stop paying your credits.   Seems like they should have communicated that before your return window ended - not wait 6 months and then just stop paying credits.   That’s terrible customer service. 

I suggest submitting a complaint to the BBB, FCC, FTC and/or your State Attorney General’s Office.    Others seem to think BBB is your best option.   Let us know what happens.  Good luck.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.