Help for account, billing & more
D

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 4:35 PM

How to make a complaint about customer service

I've been trying to figure out what I need to do since I was charged $60 this morning for my service after cancelling the service lastnight. I've spoke with 3 different people this morning, 2 told me I could be reimbursed and 1 said I couldn't be, and I was given a number to call, *729, and was told they would handle it. I called the number and spoke with the rudest person I believe I've ever talked to. As soon as she answered the phone I knew she had a problem for whatever reason. She asked me what the issue was so I explained it to her and halfway through, she abruptly cut me off and told me that it's in the terms and conditions that refunds were not issued and told me that the other people I spoke with did not work in the refund department so they didn't know what they were talking about, told me to contact my bank to dispute the charge and hung up on me. I've sat here for hours thinking about how she was towards me and it makes me more and more mad the more I think about it. How do I go about making a complaint about her and will it do any good?

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.6K Messages

2年前

it wont do any good as they are pretty much anonymous unles you got her user ID  if you cancelled service yesterday and bill was due today then you were too late as the billing process starts 3-4 days before the due date and cant be stopped once in progress. at&t doesnt prorate so even if you cancel 1 day into a billing cycle you pay for the entire month.

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

11.7K Messages

2年前

If you have postpaid, a bill paid today has no relevance to when you canceled. Payments are made 6 or 21 days after the billing date and any changes (including cancellation) will not affect the scheduled payment. 

If you have prepaid, the only way to cancel service is to either port out your phone number to a different carrier or stop paying. If you are on autopay, attempting to stop that the evening before your payment is scheduled isn't going to work. You have to plan ahead. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.