For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bill082288's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 18th, 2017 2:26 PM

Closed

How to file a formal complaint against at&t?

I am wanting to file a formal complaint against at&t, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I read that you can not sure at&t. We are being charged almost $300 for a bill we were told would be $170. Does any one know who to talk to since you can't sue.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Is this your first bill?  If yes, it's probably correct and you have to pay it.  Your regular bill may indeed be $170.  

Quotes for service do not include cost of phones, activation fees per line, and partial first months service.  This is SOP in the cable TV, ineternet and cellular industry.  

If you don't understand your bill, you can ask ATT CS for help deciphering it.  

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

No it's not the first Bill. We bundled art and direct tv two months ago and
we were quoted at 170 for both, and it was for the first month. Then it
jumped up, and they keep saying weren't quoted that. We asked to here the
recording of the call. But they keep beating around the bush.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

You can file a dispute online with the Federal Trade Commission and, all 3 Credit Bureaus.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I've been taken for big time by at. I've heard many people have. Especially the elderly. It's time to take a stand

• 

25 Messages

Amen to that!

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

We finally just paid off the phones and are switching carriers. It took two months just to get our phones unlocked. The way AT@T lies and cheats people should be against the law. They are the biggest thieves in America!

• 

25 Messages

I found out the hard way, that nothing AT&T tells you can be depended on to be the truth. Yesterday I talked to a customer service rep, and she was horrid. She laughed at me, and as it involved my veteran son, I was highly insulted. She insinuated he was stupid. I'm fed up! Every month I have to check my bill for $6 for this, or something added to my account that I didn't authorize. I have lost all trust and I'd rather have a land line than deal with all the lies I have had to decipher every time I call and get a different answer.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Send a complaint by mail to Federal Communications Commission, Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau, Consumer Complaints, 445 12th Street, SW, Washington, D.C. 20554. File a complaint by fax at (866) 418-0232. Submit your complaint and any supporting documents by email to fccinfo@fcc.gov.

• 

25 Messages

I made a note of this for my records. ;-)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

AT&T has been deducting money from my account for a phone number that I do not use; indeed, a number that I have never used.  I briefly considered opening an account and arranging for payment, but did not like the terms, so cancelled it immediately.  At first I did not check online to see that they were deducting money from my account.  But when I realized they were doing this every month, I began by sending emails to their customer service office, which claims they will respond within 10 working days.  They never do. Finally I began calling.  After talking to 6 people, not one among whom had the sense of a sea slug, I was told that they can do nothing and that I must have my bank file a complaint against them.  After I get this resolved, I will never again deal with AT&T.  I strongly advise all of you to avoid AT&T.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Yes they are. Completely unscrupulous 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Agree. I’m filing a formal complaint against them this week. 

• 

25 Messages

All you guys rock! I was beginning to think that I was the only one that was totally disgusted by AT&T, their varying stories and basically jerking you around. And that's being nice.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

The site you provided no longer works. Using the following link to do this complaint:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.