For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Aujha629's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 10th, 2018 5:41 PM

How to File a Complaint that will actually be resolved

I called ATT a week ago to ask about a payment plan. The lady I talked to told me there was nothing that could be done, although I know this is not true in the least. She told me the amount that was past due & I specifically asked if that was all I’d have to pay the following Friday when I received my check to restore my service. The answer was YES. Imagine my surprise when I go to pay my phone bill & it was $120 more than I expected. I called back to explain that this was not the amount that I thought I would be paying based on the previous phone call. I asked to have the amount lowered so I could restore service especially because I was given misinformation by one of your agents. The woman I spoke with was extremely rude. I asked to be transferred to a manager and also the loyalty/customer retention department & she refused for about five minutes, she finally said she would transfer me & hung up on me. This is frustrating because I work in a call center so I know her behavior is not acceptable. This is also frustrating because I just paid $200 for a phone I wasn’t even able to use for close to a month because I couldn’t get anyone to understand that I was told to pay a completely different amount. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

She was absolutely correct.  

You must make late arrangements BEFORE your due date.  And this must be done in the My ATT account, not on the phone.  Support is not allowed to set them for you.  To many customers would complain it wasn’t the deal they got from phone support, so now they removed that excuse. 

Once suspended you must pay to a zero balance to restore service. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Aujha629

This is also frustrating because I just paid $200 for a phone I wasn’t even able to use for close to a month because I couldn’t get anyone to understand that I was told to pay a completely different amount. 

I'm sure they understood that, they just weren't going to do anything about it. Either they didn't want to, couldn't, or the other person was incorrect. Or they wondered why you bought a new phone when you couldn't afford the bill?

I was under the impression that once you were overdue, they didn't make arrangements and that you needed to do it online before you were overdue.

I was also under the impression that once you were shut off, you needed to pay everything to get it back on.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Aujha629 wrote:

I called ATT a week ago to ask about a payment plan. The lady I talked to told me there was nothing that could be done, although I know this is not true in the least. She told me the amount that was past due & I specifically asked if that was all I’d have to pay the following Friday when I received my check to restore my service. The answer was YES. Imagine my surprise when I go to pay my phone bill & it was $120 more than I expected. I called back to explain that this was not the amount that I thought I would be paying based on the previous phone call. I asked to have the amount lowered so I could restore service especially because I was given misinformation by one of your agents. The woman I spoke with was extremely rude. I asked to be transferred to a manager and also the loyalty/customer retention department & she refused for about five minutes, she finally said she would transfer me & hung up on me. This is frustrating because I work in a call center so I know her behavior is not acceptable. This is also frustrating because I just paid $200 for a phone I wasn’t even able to use for close to a month because I couldn’t get anyone to understand that I was told to pay a completely different amount. 

I'll be blunt: You're talking about not paying money you owe and have owed for sometime. You're not going to get much sympathy from anyone at AT&T. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.