Need help understanding your bill?
roxizen's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 2nd, 2023 10:59 PM

How is it possible this is legal?

AT&T can get away with legally asking me to 'trade' in my phone then charge me for it monthly by not applying the credit I was promised when I purchased my new phone? They literally stole my old phone and then are charging me the full price for my new phone after I returned my old phone. This is theft pure and simple. I have crossed out all my account information.

I have spent hours on the phone trying to get anyone that can fix the 23.03 missing credit but they wont budge and they said they would pay off my old phone but what good would that do? I was promised the price match of a black Friday promotion WHICH WAS THE ONLY REASON I PURCHASED THIS PHONE TO BEGIN WITH. Now, I am stuck with this phone and this provider (thief) who will not honor the price they originally promised me. They will not return my original phone, and they admitted this is messed up.

I am getting ready to port my other to lines to another provider and this one after I pay down the outrageous amount left on it, due to AT&T not honoring their commitment to me about price. My phone should be about 900 dollars.

How is this possibly legal and I hope no one else is going through this.

FRAUD IS FRAUD. If you can't give a person a specific deal or price, don't offer it to them in the FIRST PLACE! THIS IS FRAUD!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

and they said they would pay off my old phone but what good would that do?

Pay off your old phone? If you traded in a phone phone that wasn’t paid off, you did not qualify for the trade in promotion. The promotion required trading in a paid off phone. That’s not fraud, that’s not reading the promotional requirements.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.