Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
O

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jul 2, 2020 9:05 AM

How in the world does my average bill go from...

Ok..I have the Unlimited Starter plan.  My average bill monthly after paperless bill/autopay is $70.  I lost my phone and had to cash in my upgrade and $35 upfront to get a phone ASAP.  After reviewing my upcoming bill...the only additional increase should only be $13.30month and after 3months, it goes to $10monthly.  No big deal right?  Well after the initial waive of the upgrade fee my monthly bill to expect is $104!!! How the ##!£ did $80-$83 get to be over $100 monthly?!  I can’t believe ATT is charging an average of $26 extra monthly!!  I absolutely had no idea that this would occur and had I’d known, it without a doubt would have made a HUGE impact on my decision to persue an upgrade...I swore I would never pay more then $100 for a single device’s service plan...I have to sort this out...any ideas?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.5K Messages

a month ago

Try reading the bill. All the charges are listed. Your plan charges should not have changed, so there must be something other than the expected device charge. Now if you haven’t actually gotten a new bill and are basing this off the customer service summary, don’t. Those summaries are famously wrong. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

I have the unlimited starter plan.  With paperless billing and autopay it works out to roughly $70 all in.  I upgraded and got a new phone because I lost mine(after 5yrs of ownership...uggg) and was able to get it for only sales tax upfront and plan to pay in full next month.  Because I ordered it online, I was able to get the upgrade fee of $30 waived.  I asked att to file my lost phone as suspended and to have the new phone as the only device.  After reviewing my new plan summary I now see an additional $40 per month as “unlimited plan participants fee”!!!!  WHAT?!  I did not authorize this nor was I made aware of this!  I WILL NOT pay $100+ per month for cell service.  My summary does not show my installment plan payment updated price after the 3rd payment and doesn’t waive the upgrade fee also.  Can someone explain this?  It’s been so frustrating finalizing this order because all of there security verification was via text to my number to a phone I don’t have!  Seriously, ATT doesn’t have a workaround for this?  It went online order but couldn’t complete because of said verification, then via the chat option same problem and spent literally 3 hours on the phone getting transferred like a bad cough...cmon

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled $40 plan participant fee from upgrade
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.5K Messages

As I noted in your other thread, ignore the customer service summary. They are wrong. Also, please stick to one thread.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question