Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Lowdst13's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 12:56 AM

How does AT&T handle discounts

I recently set my account up separately from a "family plan" I had been a part of every since its inception. I went in a few days later and applied my work discount. My current bill doesn't reflect the discount and I'm wondering if I'll be credited the difference of the discount on my next bill. I called in and spoke with a customer service representative, but I wasn't able to get a straight answer from him.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Lowdst13 wrote:
I recently set my account up separately from a "family plan" I had been a part of every since its inception. I went in a few days later and applied my work discount. My current bill doesn't reflect the discount and I'm wondering if I'll be credited the difference of the discount on my next bill. I called in and spoke with a customer service representative, but I wasn't able to get a straight answer from him.

The details of how the discount is handled depends upon the contract your employer has with AT&T.  In most cases, your discount will only apply to the "service" portion of your bill.  If you have a grandfathered Family Talk, or Individual plan, the discount is genreally only applied to the "base minutes" portion of your bill.  If you have a newer Mobile Share  plan, the discount often only applies to the "data" portion of your bill. For my bill, the discount of 22% only applies to my shared data portion of my bill but that is still the largest portion of the bill ($130 or the $160 base bill).

When the discount is applied to your bill, it won't change any existing bill that you might owe, but it might apply a credit for a portion of that bill on your next bill.  In other words, if you already have a bill for $100, then you will need to pay that bill, and your next bill will incude your discount for the next month's service, and it may include a credit for your discount on your current month's bill or a pro-rated credit for the partial month where the discount is being applied).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks, GeekBoy. You've provided a much clearer answer to my question than the customer service representative that I spoke with on last night.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Do you have a family specials

Get started...

Ask a new question