Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
VieraShetty's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Nov 21, 2014 5:59 AM

How do I escalate an issue?

Dear Sirs,

I recently accompanied my husband on a business trip to Asia. I didn’t plan to use any data on my personal phone (we had my husbands work phone at our disposal) and didn’t opt to add an international data plan. When I returned home yesterday, I found that the balance on my account was a little over $2700. The charges were apparently incurred as a result of data roaming during my trip. It was explained to me by an agent that I needed to have turned off the data roaming on my phone in order to avoid incurring any data charges.

I have spoken with 2 international agents and they have both made good faith attempts to address my concerns, but neither seemed to be empowered to resolve the issue fully.
The first agent that I spoke with said that it might be possible to back date an international plan, but that turned out not to be an option because I had already passed my billing cycle. (Not really sure what my billing cycle has to do with anything.) The second agent that I spoke to offered to credit a portion of the charges, but upon calling back today, it seems that the credit is not guaranteed and I'll need to wait a few days to determine if it was approved or not.

I would like to speak with someone who is empowered to make final decisions on billing issues and who can help me address the full $2700 in charges. I've been scouring the Internet and ATT website to determine what the best escalation path is, but can't find any clear information. Any guidance?

Responses

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

6 years ago

@VieraShetty wrote:
Dear Sirs,

I recently accompanied my husband on a business trip to Asia. I didn’t plan to use any data on my personal phone (we had my husbands work phone at our disposal) and didn’t opt to add an international data plan. When I returned home yesterday, I found that the balance on my account was a little over $2700. The charges were apparently incurred as a result of data roaming during my trip. It was explained to me by an agent that I needed to have turned off the data roaming on my phone in order to avoid incurring any data charges.

I have spoken with 2 international agents and they have both made good faith attempts to address my concerns, but neither seemed to be empowered to resolve the issue fully.
The first agent that I spoke with said that it might be possible to back date an international plan, but that turned out not to be an option because I had already passed my billing cycle. (Not really sure what my billing cycle has to do with anything.) The second agent that I spoke to offered to credit a portion of the charges, but upon calling back today, it seems that the credit is not guaranteed and I'll need to wait a few days to determine if it was approved or not.

I would like to speak with someone who is empowered to make final decisions on billing issues and who can help me address the full $2700 in charges. I've been scouring the Internet and ATT website to determine what the best escalation path is, but can't find any clear information. Any guidance?

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question