Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
kso808's profile
kso808
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
The 5th element!

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

Mon, Feb 6, 2017 9:51 PM

How Do I Apply For AAA monthly $10.00 Discount?

I am trying to apply for the $10.00 AAA members' discount off of my cell phone bill.  I can't seem to do so online.  Do I need to visit my area AT&T Wireless store?  I had received a circular advertisement in the mail about this.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

85K Messages

4 y ago

Do you have more information on this offer? There is an offer from AARP, but I find nothing about AAA

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
kso808

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

4 y ago

I received an 8 X 11 paper advertisement in the U.S. mail which reads:

"AAA Members Only"

"2 Year Price Guarantee!"

"$89.99/month, plus taxes (general public promotional price)
minus (-) $10.00/month AAA member discount for 24 months"

#TV, Internet and Home Phone"

"$79.99/month plus taxes"

"FOR TWO YEARS"

"Savings available only when you call this number:
1-888-796-5923"

"Bundle offer requires 24-month TV and 12-month internet agreements. All other DirectTV offers require 24-month agreement.
Additional fees apply."

"To receive this offer, you must be a new DIRECTV custiomer without prior service for the last 24 months. Offer not valid for current
DIRECTV customers." (I am currently an AT&T U-Verse customer.)
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 y ago

"Savings available only when you call this number:
1-888-796-5923"

@kso808 Did you sign up through the phone number?

Did you call the number and ask?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
kso808

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

4 y ago

Yes, I did call the 888#. Apparently, in my situation, the discount can only be applied to my wireless cellular phone service, in person, at an AT&T store. I tried to apply online, and it directed me to go to an AT&T store and present my AAA membership card for the discount. I guess I need to go to my area AT&T store.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

85K Messages

4 y ago

Who told you this offer could be applied to wireless when the offer is for home service?

Discounts can't be jammed in.  I can guarantee there is no way to apply an invalid discount.  

Just like my "AARP discount for wireless" can't be forced onto another service.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

kso808

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

4 y ago

I finally visited an area AT&T store and inquired about the AAA "discount."  He informed me that the discount applies only to AAA employees and not members.  The advertising is a bit misleading and really doesn't mention anything about needing to be an AAA employee.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

85K Messages

4 y ago

That's one way of turning you down without an argument.   And there may be an employee discount for AAA.  

ATT is very literal.   The email did not offer a wireless discount for members.  

If you had the services described, you would have been eligible for the member discount.   

Seriously....this was a self answering question from day 1.   

kso808

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

4 y ago

I still maintain that they need to make things like this much more explicit in their advertising. The customer is always right!
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

85K Messages

4 y ago

They did.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Needs widi

kso808

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

2 y ago

I'm wondering what "Needs widi" means in your response?

Get started...

Ask a new question