Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
kso808's profile
kso808
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
The 5th element!

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

Mon, Feb 6, 2017 9:51 PM

How Do I Apply For AAA monthly $10.00 Discount?

I am trying to apply for the $10.00 AAA members' discount off of my cell phone bill.  I can't seem to do so online.  Do I need to visit my area AT&T Wireless store?  I had received a circular advertisement in the mail about this.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.3K Messages

5 y ago

Do you have more information on this offer? There is an offer from AARP, but I find nothing about AAA
kso808

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

5 y ago

I received an 8 X 11 paper advertisement in the U.S. mail which reads:

"AAA Members Only"

"2 Year Price Guarantee!"

"$89.99/month, plus taxes (general public promotional price)
minus (-) $10.00/month AAA member discount for 24 months"

#TV, Internet and Home Phone"

"$79.99/month plus taxes"

"FOR TWO YEARS"

"Savings available only when you call this number:
1-888-796-5923"

"Bundle offer requires 24-month TV and 12-month internet agreements. All other DirectTV offers require 24-month agreement.
Additional fees apply."

"To receive this offer, you must be a new DIRECTV custiomer without prior service for the last 24 months. Offer not valid for current
DIRECTV customers." (I am currently an AT&T U-Verse customer.)
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

"Savings available only when you call this number:
1-888-796-5923"

@kso808 Did you sign up through the phone number?

Did you call the number and ask?

kso808

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

5 y ago

Yes, I did call the 888#. Apparently, in my situation, the discount can only be applied to my wireless cellular phone service, in person, at an AT&T store. I tried to apply online, and it directed me to go to an AT&T store and present my AAA membership card for the discount. I guess I need to go to my area AT&T store.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.3K Messages

5 y ago

Who told you this offer could be applied to wireless when the offer is for home service?

Discounts can't be jammed in.  I can guarantee there is no way to apply an invalid discount.  

Just like my "AARP discount for wireless" can't be forced onto another service.

kso808

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

5 y ago

I finally visited an area AT&T store and inquired about the AAA "discount."  He informed me that the discount applies only to AAA employees and not members.  The advertising is a bit misleading and really doesn't mention anything about needing to be an AAA employee.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.3K Messages

5 y ago

That's one way of turning you down without an argument.   And there may be an employee discount for AAA.  

ATT is very literal.   The email did not offer a wireless discount for members.  

If you had the services described, you would have been eligible for the member discount.   

Seriously....this was a self answering question from day 1.   

kso808

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

5 y ago

I still maintain that they need to make things like this much more explicit in their advertising. The customer is always right!
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.3K Messages

5 y ago

They did.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Needs widi

kso808

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

2 y ago

I'm wondering what "Needs widi" means in your response?
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.