Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jan 17, 2020 4:12 PM

How can I get past the customer service reps to someone who can fix an error caused by ATT?

I bought 2 LG phones last September during the BOGO - bringing ATT a new customer who switched form verizon to my plan - I was told we had to pay the phone installment for 1 year and then would be reimbursed for that charge and no longer see the monthly charge on my bill - I have been given the run around since this October by various customer service reps, social media department who can not answer a phone or call back but harass me on FB saying they want to help me and a store manager who ghosted me. I am trying to keep this between myself and the company but am at my wits end and am to the point where I may need to take this to outside sources for help getting to the person who can help me. I work 2 jobs and have 3 kids I take care of so I cannot sit on the phone with ppl for hours, have proof of everything and just need someone to give me their email address so we can handle this - how is it a telecom company has no email availability for their customers? And to make matters worse I am paying for 2 phones that are broken bc I cannot upgrade since I am disputing my bill - I am owed over $400!

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

4 weeks ago

That is not how BOGO offers work. After about three months you would see back credits equal to 3 months installments. Thereafter you would see a credit against the installment every month. There is no one year wait.
If you did not get credits after 3 months you should have hollered then.
AT&T does not have an email for support.
You can file a BBB complaint and someone will contact you.

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Thank you - I did hollar actually the first month and that is when I was told we had to pay for a year. I guess BBB it will have to be - sad bc I have been a customer for 20+ years and this is the first time I had an issue and they are horrible at responding

• 

1 Message

4 weeks ago

I have a similar issue going on. I bought Iphone BOGO and paid off one device. Didn't realize that it wouldn't pay off the other device and that I had to have 30 installments. I ported one of my numbers and got a text saying I was going to lose the credit so I got online and chatted with someone and they assured me that I would continue to receive the credits. Well one month later after that chat and I didn't see the credit. Called in twice and found that I am not eligible for the credit anymore and since it is past 30 days I can't get the credit even if I brought my number back. Again - I chatted with them online and printed out my chat so I would have it and this is still my problem. The last manager told me that I should call in and not chat because AT&T chat doesn't give reliable answers. 15 years with them, and this is probably my worst experience with any company ever. You'd think for someone that has spent $250-$300/month for at least the last 10 years they would be a little bit more accommodating to a mistake on there part.