Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
J

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jan 17, 2020 4:12 PM

How can I get past the customer service reps to someone who can fix an error caused by ATT?

I bought 2 LG phones last September during the BOGO - bringing ATT a new customer who switched form verizon to my plan - I was told we had to pay the phone installment for 1 year and then would be reimbursed for that charge and no longer see the monthly charge on my bill - I have been given the run around since this October by various customer service reps, social media department who can not answer a phone or call back but harass me on FB saying they want to help me and a store manager who ghosted me. I am trying to keep this between myself and the company but am at my wits end and am to the point where I may need to take this to outside sources for help getting to the person who can help me. I work 2 jobs and have 3 kids I take care of so I cannot sit on the phone with ppl for hours, have proof of everything and just need someone to give me their email address so we can handle this - how is it a telecom company has no email availability for their customers? And to make matters worse I am paying for 2 phones that are broken bc I cannot upgrade since I am disputing my bill - I am owed over $400!

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.4K Messages

2 y ago

That is not how BOGO offers work. After about three months you would see back credits equal to 3 months installments. Thereafter you would see a credit against the installment every month. There is no one year wait.
If you did not get credits after 3 months you should have hollered then.
AT&T does not have an email for support.
You can file a BBB complaint and someone will contact you.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

Thank you - I did hollar actually the first month and that is when I was told we had to pay for a year. I guess BBB it will have to be - sad bc I have been a customer for 20+ years and this is the first time I had an issue and they are horrible at responding

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I have a similar issue going on. I bought Iphone BOGO and paid off one device. Didn't realize that it wouldn't pay off the other device and that I had to have 30 installments. I ported one of my numbers and got a text saying I was going to lose the credit so I got online and chatted with someone and they assured me that I would continue to receive the credits. Well one month later after that chat and I didn't see the credit. Called in twice and found that I am not eligible for the credit anymore and since it is past 30 days I can't get the credit even if I brought my number back. Again - I chatted with them online and printed out my chat so I would have it and this is still my problem. The last manager told me that I should call in and not chat because AT&T chat doesn't give reliable answers. 15 years with them, and this is probably my worst experience with any company ever. You'd think for someone that has spent $250-$300/month for at least the last 10 years they would be a little bit more accommodating to a mistake on there part.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.