Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
L

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jul 1, 2020 11:42 PM

Horrible Customer Support at AT&T, moving to Verizon

Back in the Fall of 2019, AT&T was running a Buy One, Get One Free promotion on the iPhone11.  I wanted to upgrade two phones on my existing plan.  The caveat was, in order to get the BOGO promotion, I had to open a new line.  So, I opened the new line and requested one of the existing lines to be closed.  AT&T told me this would be done, although it might take a billing cycle for everything to calibrate regarding charges.  Understood. 

So, in the winter, when I continued to be charged for BOTH the old  line and monthly installments on the new phone, I called AT&T to get fixed.  I was told they would take care of it.  Then, in February, I need to call again, as I've been being billed approximately $25 monthly for the old line (which should have been closed out) and about the same amount for an installment on the FREE phone.

COVID occured, so I haven't called in a few months.  This past week, I called again, had to re-tell this story and apparently a "case" was prioritized and I was to receive a call back.  No call back.  I am currently on hold with another "Loyalty Department" person, who I had to explain this situation again to.

Unbelievable.  My fault for not staying on top of this, but I trust that when a company representative says "it has been escalated" or "I will take care of it", I expect it will happen

Responses

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Part 2 - after just speaking with another representative, she asked to put me on hold so she could speak with her customer support group.  Fair enough.  After being hold for an additional 15-20 minutes, the phonecall just disconnected!  I was hung up on, while on hold.

• 

1 Message

Hate to break it to you but my gf just had a horrible experience with Verizon as well. Seems like customer service as a whole going downhill the toilet for both att and Verizon. I’ve been on the phone w att all day trying to resolve an issue being bounced back and forth between department and being told. Each time it was resolved. Total (Edited per community guidelines)

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question