Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
Sherman75's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jan 15, 2015 8:49 PM

Horrible customer service from an ATT manager!

My bill became overdue so I paid only the past due amount a few days ago to avoid having my phone turned off. Today my phone was still turned off because I did not pay the current amount due in addition to the past due.  I quickly paid the the remaining amount which brings my phone bill to a zero balance.  The service was restored within 5-10 minutes so my phone was turned off for a total of maybe 30 minutes. This made me angry that my phone was turned off for not paying the the entire balance including current due especilly since I paid the past due.  I called customer service because after paying the total balance there was a note that I would be charged a reactivation fee of $40.00.  How can it cost $40.00 when my phone was off for 5 minutes?  The lady I spoke with was very nice and after I asked her to remove the reactivation fee she said she could only do $25.00.  She even agreed that it did not make sense because the same thing happen to her ATT bill.  I asked to speak to a manager and she put a man by the name of Ben on the line.  He not only refused to remove the total $40.00 fee he actually took back the $25.00 credit offered from the nice lady too.  He could not explain his reasoning except to say it was company policy like a robot.  I told him that I would be leaving ATT and he did not care one bit.  In all my life I have never been treated this bad by a manager of a big company like ATT.  I have been a customer for over 10 years and he treated me like dirt.  I feel like I have been bullied into paying a fee from ATT that I feel was not fairly charged.  Also when I spoike with the first lady on the phone I told her to go ahead with the $25.00 credit while I spoke with her manager.  He then gets on the phone and decides to take it back?  Keep in mind this was a regular conversation without any yelling and nobody said anything unprofessional.  Can someone tell me if this is right or wrong?  Also how do I fight this?  I feel like this is David versus Goliath!  

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7 y ago

Hi @Sherman75

I’m sorry to hear of your experience and I’d like to help out! The original $25 offered by the representative would have been a courtesy credit in place of the full credit for your restoral fee. The manager’s approval of the $40 credit meant that the $25 credit was no longer necessary as the restoral fee had been removed. In this case, it appears the correct credit amount has been applied.

Thank you,

Charise

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.