Need help understanding your bill?
R

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, January 23rd, 2022 10:59 PM

Honest Phone Companies?

Can anyone recommend an HONEST phone company, if there is such a thing? So far, from what I've seen and experienced, most all phone companies are just a front for organized crime. Is there any such thing as a phone company that's NOT irresponsibly greedy?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

1 year ago

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that AT&T is NOT a front for organized crime.

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

I was more or less speaking figuratively, although, from the way they act and do their utmost to constantly pad my bills with hidden charges the differences between just about ANY phone company including AT&T and organized crime is negligible. At $60.00/month for approximately 4 calls/month that works out to about $15.00/call and ALL 4 of those calls were to AT&T!; it would cheaper for me in the long run to simply not use ANY phone company and just use a pay phone. If that bothers you...oh well! 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

1 year ago

You can get a PRE paid account for $30 a month.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

1 year ago

And pay phones are a thing of the past.

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

1 year ago

In addition to phone calls, you also get text and data usage. 

ACE - Sage

• 

104.1K Messages

1 year ago

The $30 prepaid plan includes unlimited call and text and 5 GB of data which roll over for one month if you don't use it all. There's no auto-pay or paperless discount. You are charged tax about $2 ish.

You have to buy your own phone. Make sure you purchase a phone that is capable of working with the current limitations of service. All carriers are shutting down 3-g and kicking off ineligible/incompatible phones.

AT&T prepaid has phones for under $100

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.