Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
MzLadyX's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 2:09 PM

Help...I messed up and added someone to my account.

I added someone to my account who I thought had sense. It has only been a month but he is no where to be found. Whats gonna happen? What do I do...What am I gonna be stuck paying?

Responses

bizhui

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

6 years ago

What you mean? Your statement is kind of vague, can you please explain more in detail.

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

6 years ago

@MzLadyX wrote:
I added someone to my account who I thought had sense. It has only been a month but he is no where to be found. Whats gonna happen? What do I do...What am I gonna be stuck paying?

You can cancel his line. You'd have to pay any early termination fee on his account.

You can suspend his line. I believe that costs $10/month.

You can pay regular price for his service and keep it active.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

6 years ago

If you are really concerned about their usage (and not paying you for it), you could report the phone as "lost" to AT&T so you would still be paying the monthly fee for them to be on your account, but they won;t be getting free service from you. AT&T would block that phone's IMEI since it is on your account and you are responsible for it. Chances are, the person will get back to you as soon as they no longer get free service from your account.

If you don't want to go to that extreme, you can also log into the myATT app (or the OLAM) and turn off their cellular data. That would only hold until the end of the current billing cycle, but it would get their attention.

Keep in mind that neither one of those will have much effecct if you have made tehm an authorized user on your account, because they could always just call in and re-activate everything on their own. If they are not an authorized user, they would need to know your account specifics to do that.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Get started...

Ask a new question