Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jan 24, 2020 5:33 PM

HELP I'm being billed for a broken wireless warranty exchange, need cust serv contact info to escalate

Help, I am being billed for a damaged warranty exchange damaged phone. The phone was not damaged prior to mailing it back. The rep I spoke to even said the box it was in shows damage, but "not enough damage to have caused the damage to the phone"
I rqstd the photos of the box and device but have not rcvd.
My bill also shows the charge as an "unreturned device warranty exchange"
The 1st rep after an hour of searching for the unreturned device, could not locate any information of the device was rcvd by At&t. Then another rep said it was rcvd with damage.
Please I need help resolving this matter. Seeking contact info to escalate.
I would like to also see the device and box.
I was told they would email the photos to me, and that I should have rcvd.the damaged device back, but NOTHING!!

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

3 weeks ago

Sending photographs of the damaged box and the damages to the phone are standard operating procedure. Always

You should have received that information when you got notice that you were going to be charged for the phone. Do you still have that email?

If you are not getting copies of this information you can file a Better Business Bureau complaint

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

745 Messages

3 weeks ago

Hello,

I'd swing by your local store to have them take a look at your account and verify what is going on. When you accept a warranty device, you're accepting it's within warranty guidelines to exchange (and not physical or liquid damage, or malware, etc). I don't think they'll send photos, never heard of that. But a manager at a local corporate store might be able to review your situation and advise the best.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.