Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
H

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, December 8th, 2020 5:42 PM

Help! I am out of the States, don't want to pay suspension rates anymore.

Hello,

I moved to another country temporarily in March 2020 -- I had suspended my line then. I am in a postpaid family plan with 5 lines (they are continuing the service). I have been paying 30$/mo since. I am not even able to log into my AT&T account while AutoPay is doing its job.

One of my relatives would be going to the States, I could give him my SIM card, but what would they need to do such that I won't have to be paying (or paying relatively less) until I return. Suggest me something, please. :(

I thought of removing my line from the family plan and use the same number for a cheap prepaid plan, but is there anything better?

Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

My suggestion would be to have them port your number to google voice. There is a one time fee to port a wireless number but then no charge. You can then port it back or to another carrier when you return. They will need the family plan account number and account pin to port.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Google Voice is not available in my country. :(

Can I switch to a prepaid plan through the MyAT&T mobile application? Would that help?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Google Voice is not available in my country.

That’s why it needs to be done in the US by your relative with your SIM card. You want to save the number, right? It doesn’t matter whether it works from your country or not, does it? Though once it is activated, it should work. Yes, they could move your number to prepaid but no, you can’t do it online. That can only be done in an ATT corporate store. Also,  prepaid won’t work in your country either.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.