Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
J

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jul 2, 2020 11:04 PM

Haven't received my $700/line rebate

Hi,

I switched to AT&T last year in Nov/Dec. At that time, there's a $700 +$250 trade in rebate (not sure why there are 2 but that's what the promotion).  Here's a link but I am not sure if this is the exact tradein program.  https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/landingpage/offers/Get-Up-to-$700-Off-Trade-In-2019.pdf

I switched all 4 lines and purchased the iphone11 through authorized 3rd party reseller. I have the elite plan which is an eligible plan. The reseller was very nice and they helped me verified all my trade-in phones are eligible, unlocked and wiped before I sent them in. All 4 trade-in phones were received and process per the AT&T rebate status page and I received 4x$250 VISA cards. So far so good. 

But I didn't receive the $700 rebate. No VISA gift card, no account credit. I've been calling since April and have been told that a case has been opened and someone would contact me in a few days (2-3, 5-7 etc).  The reps were nice. some of them give me their name without me asking and promised me he will own my case and reach back to me. But nothing happened. No call, no txt, no email. Nothing. 

Today I called again and the rep and her manager told me the case is with trade in department. And one of the trade-in phones was damaged (really?). The trade in department is still work on that and someone will call me back in 5-7 days, guaranteed. 

I was searching answer and found this forum today. I posted it here in hope I can leverage this forum to put some pressure on AT&T. Let's see what happens and I will post back. If there's no response, I will post to AT&T social media accounts. 

Responses

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Same problem here!

It's seems to me that it's really challenging to get a trade-in rebates. Best of luck! 

• 

3 Messages

14 days ago

It's been 2 weeks since I posted this. I've been calling AT&T and landed at different departments. The customer loyalty team appears to be the most helpful one. Unfortunately the issue has not bee resolved. The rep just helped me escalated this again with a new case# and I should receive a txt today.  hopefully this works. 

I also posted on twitter to the official AT&T account and got a DM from to offer help. I will contact them in a week if this still goes nowhere. 

It's a weird feeling. Everyone is trying to help but no one actually can fix this. I guess the system is broken. 

I will keep this post updated. 

• 

3 Messages

14 days ago

Actually 3 weeks, lol!

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.9K Messages

14 days ago

File a Better Business Bureau complaint online. The complaint is forwarded to AT&T upper management who will get in touch with you directly. When it’s been this long it’s time to bypass the lower level support and go straight to the top. You will get a phone call from the office of the president, they should be able to straighten this out.

File a Better Business Bureau complaint online. The complaint is forwarded to AT&T upper management who will get in touch with you directly. When it’s been this long it’s time to bypass the lower level support and go straight to the top. You will get a phone call from the office of the president, they should be able to straighten this out.

I try not to jump to too many conclusions but when it comes to third-party retailer’s, well let’s just say it doesn’t go as it should.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question