Need help understanding your bill?
N

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 29th, 2020 12:38 AM

Has anyone else had this problem?

My husband and I upgraded to iPhone 11‘s on Mother’s Day May 10. My husband owed $190 for his installment plan for his old phone and was told as long as we mail the phone back within two weeks they will credit our account and we will not owe any more money on that phone because we upgraded to the installment payments of $25 each for iPhone 11 ‘s. We mailed the phone back within two days May 12. I got a bill in July that said they did not receive the phone. I called and the very nice lady on July 30 said their mistake your account will be credited. My next bill was fine then I just got a new bill that had that $190 non returned device fee on it and they said they never received the phone. I called att again Monday, August 24. They said they would not credit my account because they did not receive the phone. However magically two days later I got a package from AT&T with two day shipping with the phone in the box saying they could not credit the account because “AT&T device was returned after the due date. Amazing how when I called and I was upset that they said they have not received the phone and then I got it back in the mail two days later. I’ve spent a total of over eight hours this week on the phone with AT&T andI finally got to talk to a supervisor and he was very rude. I have had DIRECTV, AT&T phones, and AT&T U-verse for years and I will be canceling my service just for the point!!! Bless everyone and be safe.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62K Messages

2 years ago

Based on other complaints, ATT has a terrible track record with trade in phones being lost. Normally, not only are they never received by ATT, they aren’t returned to the customer either. What you describe is a first. Consider yourself lucky to get it back. Get it unlocked and sell it yourself, it is probably worth more than the credit you were going to get, anyway.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.