Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 21st, 2021 10:45 PM

has anyone actually received their Veterans discount?

I was told I needed to submit a copy of my DD214 for a Veterans discount. I did this 5 months ago and was told it would take 3 months to become active on my account.  I contacted AT&T 3 months after applying and was told it would be effective next month. Next month nothing so I contacted them again and was told it would be on this bill for March and they discounted my previous bill for the discount. It still is not on my bill and now they want me to re-submit! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62K Messages

2 years ago

Yes, submit your documentation at a corporate store and it shouldn’t take three months. My discount was added to my next bill.

ACE - Sage

• 

104K Messages

2 years ago

@sandblaster   ?

I believe you have to take your information to a corporate store.  

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

that is what I am now being told after 5 months of being jerked around. I am out of the country now, Verizon is looking good.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

2 years ago

@sandblaster 

Does it matter which DD214 (Member copy 1, Member copy 2, Member copy 4, etc.)? I would normally assume they can except any copy, unlike certain things taken to DEERS, but I've seen the downfall of those who make assumptions too often lately.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62K Messages

2 years ago

@Juniper Sorry, don’t know that one. I don’t think it matters but not sure.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Not me.  First uploaded my DD-214 in March...it is now July and still nothing.  Chatted with a rep...she said she is sending me an email to reply to with my DD-214 and it will be applied in 2-3 billing cycles.  That is what I was told last time, so I'm not holding my breath...

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62K Messages

2 years ago

@brandmill10 There are only certain documents accepted online, the DD214 is not one of them. You need to present at an ATT store, preferably a corporate store.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

2 years ago

@brandmill10 

Also caution on emailing the DD214 if it is an older one that has the SSN instead of the DoD ID. Might need to redact that for your protection.

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

So why even give the option to submit online if they aren't going to honor it. It's 150 miles to my nearest AT&T Corporate Store and being disabled it is difficult to get there. I have enough trouble getting to the VA Hospital when I need to and now with Covid running rampant it's even harder. Who's to say the store would even be open when I get there. Just Saying 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.