Need help understanding your bill?
jfitzpatrick53's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 24th, 2019 2:38 AM

Closed

Group one charges

Could someone please explain what and why I have group one charges on my ATT Cell Phone bill?  My bill also has the amounts for each of my cell phones in addition to the group one charges.  

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

True, $35 for 4 lines or more, however, "GROUP 1" charges continue to be hidden...😛

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

No, the MATH is hidden in the quote, it's done out on the bill.  

So your complaint is MATH 

If the price is quoted as unlimited Elite, $85 for one line, what does it matter if they put $85 on your bill, or $45 + $40 on your bill.  It's still the same amount.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Well ATT, tell us just what extra service do I get for a $48/month Plan 1 charge (50% higher than one monthly cell phone charge)?  What extra expense are you incurring that you're trying to recover through Plan charges?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Nelson43

Don't suppose you read the thread?  At&t prices are slightly less than Verizon and slightly more than T-Mobile for similar services.  The only difference between the three carriers is Verizon and T-Mobile do not price alacarte, while AT&T does. The end result is exactly as advertised and still slightly less than Verizon and slightly more than. 

Once again - Math

What plan?

How many lines? 

Did you read the online price quote?  Screen shot in the thread above for 1 or 4 lines. 

I've explained it a thousand times, one more won't kill me.  

Although it has been explained enough times with pictures, that you think people would figure the price was as quoted when you add the plan and line access together. 

(edited)

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Lizdance40:

Is "Group 1" some sort of loop hole ATT uses... I mean what is the whole point?  Do other provider uses that sort of practice? Do you have or are willing to share the reason behind the BRILLIANT idea of dividing taxes, charges, plans, etc under name/number - So called Group????????

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

Again, you fail to understand. 

The "group" is the plan charge. 

Extra plan for example:

1 line,  80+45-10-40 = $75

$75 for 1 line

Group 1 data plan $80 - 40 =40

Line access $45 - 10 auto pay discount = $35

First grade math $40 + 35 = $75

Exactly what At&t quotes for 1 month service before taxes and installments. 

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Well, somebody didn't answer my question.  what service does ATT provide for a $48/month Plan1 one charge?  What extra expense are they trying to recover through this charge?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

4 years ago

@Nelson43 You question has been answered numerous times throughout this thread. 

The "Plan1 Charge" is part of the regular monthly service included in the advertised price. If you want to be specific, the service AT&T provides in associate with that charge is Cellular talk, text, and data. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

The Plan 1 Charge IS a scam, inasmuch as AT&T gets a kick-back from generating additional fees and taxes for the government.  It works like this:

You have a pie, and you charge $12 for it.  You add several fees, ostensibly related to recouping the cost of government regulation, and the government itself adds various forms of taxes.  The final price of the pie is $12 + 3.00 in fees and taxes.

To boost your revenue, however, you announce that you are only selling the pie in one-sixth slices.  Each slice costs $2.00 and $0.75 in fees and taxes.  If you want the whole pie, it will cost you $12 for the pie itself and $4.50 in fees and taxes.

Sure, the pie "costs" what was advertised ($12) but you are now paying an extra $1.50 (12.5%) of the "base" cost more than you thought you would be paying.

2 Messages

2 months ago

No, something else is going on. I’m the primary account holder but under group 1 I am the secondary and have limited access so I can’t see or do some things as the primary. It’s a “linked Account” or something that falls under the “fan” number discount. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.