We Still Have Great Cyber Week Deals: Check out our $5 and under smartphone deals!
Need help understanding your bill?
Ckim82's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thu, Jun 20, 2019 7:55 AM

Got a new line for BOGO offer, but the line gets many spam calls!

Hello,

I purchased 2 iPhones with BOGO offer on June 5, 2019. 1 upgrade and 1 new line. The phone for the new line delivered and activated on June 9, 2019. 

The problem is the new number I got previously used for some kind sports agency so I get lots of spam calls/texts. I talked to AT&T chat agent and employee at the local store. They both told me I can get a new number and it won’t effect my BOGO credit. Is it true? I thought you have to keep the new line to get BOGO credit since the number is attached to the new device installment plan. What’s gonna happen to my device installment plan if I change phone number? 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

3 years ago

Yes, you can change your number, it will not effect the BOGO because it is still the same line. Normally, they charge to change your number, I believe you can change for free within the first 30 days. Just make sure you change your number, not open a new line and cancel that line.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you so much for your answer for my question. I heard the BOGO credit is triggered by system automatically. The system would still trigger the credit even an eligible new line number is changed after?

And when I go online to change number on my account, they give me 2 options either change to random number picked by AT&T or port in. Does it matter which way I choose changing number? I have a number on my google voice for 2,3 years there. I know for sure that number is not exposed to public and guarantee me no spam calls. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

3 years ago

Does it matter which way I choose changing number?

I don’t think so. If it will let you port a number, go for it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.