Help for account, billing & more
bruinpinoy82's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 8:32 PM

Frustrated: Returned Phone Charges (Misleading Text Messages)

Timeline:

10/3/18 Text Message from AT&T "We hope you're enjoying your new phone....Pleas return ...by 11/06/18 to avoid being charged

10/15/18 Text message from AT&T "If your device has not been returned to us, a charge will appear on your next wireless bill."

10/17/18 USPS Delivered to Agent at 3:31 pm

11/6/18 Text Message from AT&T "We didn't receive your previous device by 11/06/18.  You will see a charge.

11/6/18 2 hours of phone calls with customer service, explained situation 4 times

11/6/18  at 2:31 pm, Rachel told me that there's a note on both devices, an adjustment for the bill and charges for non-return will be adjusted because the return was verified.  She instructed me to take note of this phone call and reference it just in case I get a charge.

11/14/18 Returned phones were shipped back to me and I got a letter that said I didn't return the phones on time.

After calling and arguing with customer service again, I told them "Your TEXT messages said by 11/06 and it was received by 10/17/18.  We don't want the phones, we want to give them back, and we do not want to be charged."  

She told me, it doesn't matter.  I can see the text that was sent to you.  Sorry, the date on the text that we sent you is wrong.  You needed to return it by 10/6/18 because you got the phone on 9/23/18.  We can't do anything about it, the request to take off the charge will be declined even though our text to you had the wrong date. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who do I need to talk to next to get this resolved?  I'm frustrated with phone calls and at least @ATTHelp seems to be responsive on this board.  Do I need to tweet about this as well?

I was told we are "Gold Members" because yes we've been with AT&T for a LONG time.  Yet, this is how I was treated and my issue is still not resolved.  Better yet, instead of resolving this issue they tried to upsell me on more products.  Yes I need to reconsider internet and tv but solve this for me first instead of trying to rope a loyal Gold Member into more.

-------------------------------

A business cannot send you text reminders and specifically state an "If then" statement only to turn around and say "Sorry, the information we put in your text messages was wrong."  Logically, if the information was correct from the first text message on 10/3/18, the phone would have been shipped specifically on that date given the 3 day difference.  But, AT&T text message led me to believe I had until 11/06/18 only to charge me for 2 phones.

Someone please help.

No Responses!
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.