Need help understanding your bill?
AHouse1986's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 9:09 PM

From 205 a month to almost 400????

I'm trying to wrap my head around this - I have the direcTV/internet bundle (because ATT literally would NOT give me internet in my area unless I did- I didn't want or need DirecTV). The bill started at 150/month, not terrible but not great. It slowly crept up to the 200's, then into the 300's, then back down to the 200's and NOW I just got a bill for almost $400!!!! Why is with ATT's inconsistent and seemingly RANDOM billing??? I can't get an answer from the phone line, as they constantly send me to "another department" after sending me to the wrong place. The customer service is a nightmare to deal with, so now I ask you, the community. WHAT GIVES?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@AHouse1986 wrote:

I'm trying to wrap my head around this - I have the direcTV/internet bundle (because ATT literally would NOT give me internet in my area unless I did- I didn't want or need DirecTV). The bill started at 150/month, not terrible but not great. It slowly crept up to the 200's, then into the 300's, then back down to the 200's and NOW I just got a bill for almost $400!!!! Why is with ATT's inconsistent and seemingly RANDOM billing??? I can't get an answer from the phone line, as they constantly send me to "another department" after sending me to the wrong place. The customer service is a nightmare to deal with, so now I ask you, the community. WHAT GIVES?

What is causing the changes? The bill is itemized...compare month over month and see what is changing. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I don't get a physical bill, it's all digital. I've tried logging in to my ATT account, but it just kicks me to the DirecTV website which says I should only be charged 205. I've spent the past hour on the phone getting transferred around only to have one of the 5 different departments tell me I've been charged 35 for a reactivation fee, even though I haven't had an interruption in my service, and it still doesn't account for a 185 dollar discrepancy between the bill I got last month and the bill I got this month. I am currently on hold with a sixth department, waiting for them to look at my bill again.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@AHouse1986 wrote:

I don't get a physical bill, it's all digital. I've tried logging in to my ATT account, but it just kicks me to the DirecTV website which says I should only be charged 205. I've spent the past hour on the phone getting transferred around only to have one of the 5 different departments tell me I've been charged 35 for a reactivation fee, even though I haven't had an interruption in my service, and it still doesn't account for a 185 dollar discrepancy between the bill I got last month and the bill I got this month. I am currently on hold with a sixth department, waiting for them to look at my bill again.

It doesn't do any good to have someone look at your bill if you can't see it, too. I'd recommend talking to tech support about why you can't access your account correctly. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Having similar issue with wireless service.  The customer service is atrocious. I have been wrongly transferred and or disconnected way too many times. I was with Verizon for 12 years and was never mistreated. Good Luck! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm supposed to be on a bundled package with Directv and AT&T but when I try to sign in, I can't.  I just wrote them a note stating that I want someone

from the corporate office to call me so I can settle this.  I saw someone in Walmart promoting Directv and I told him of my problem and he is the one

that suggested I contact corporate.  Well, it is 7-13-2018, they should get my notice later when they open, wonder how long I will have to wait to hear

from them.  I also said I would use social media to get the word out on their supposedly "bundled package" that the price is outrageous and you don't

get your problems solved.  I will let you know what happens, if they call me.  But, Facebook will hear my complaint and so will some of the other social

media outlets out there.  FED UP!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@lildodab

File an FCC complaint.  Someone higher up the chain will contact you. 

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Expert advice is pointless. Att doesn’t care about customers. “file a complaint” is code for “sorry, don’t know don’t care”. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:

Expert advice is pointless. Att doesn’t care about customers. “file a complaint” is code for “sorry, don’t know don’t care”. 

I’m not ATT.  I’m a customer.

AND NO, filing A complaint with an outside agency is now the only way to get support from someone high up in the food chain.    ATT MUST respond in a timely manner to FCC or BBB complaints.   Since we no longer can refer people directly to high level support, this is the kick in the REAR required (and deserved) when their basic support can’t resolve simple problems in one call.  

90% of questions here are simple.  A few require a bit of digging.   Then there are a few where ATT has screwed up so badly and seems unwilling, or unable to fix it.   At the very least, customers deserve an answer if it can’t be fixed.  

I will add the ‘unified billing’ system is just this side of deceptive, and the OP is an example.  Any billing that prevents a customer from seeing their detailed bill, prevents management of one type of account for a supposed discount that never appears, is (I’ll be nice) “messed up “ (you can fill in your own wording).  

How does this NOT deserve a formal FCC complaint?  With enough of them, the FCC has the power to fine ATT for deceptive practices.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.