Need help understanding your bill?
C

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 19th, 2020 4:19 PM

free wifi / price gouging

It was with great interest that I read that AT&T is offering free wifi to noncustomers during the current crisis. Guess they will pay for that with the price gouging of loyal customers who are forced to use thier mobile hotspots while working from home. Getting hit with an average of $30 per day for me to continue working. Thanks AT&T. Well played.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

104K Messages

3 years ago

All carriers are extending Wi-Fi hotspots to non-customers. Xfinity has done it every time there's been a natural disaster. Now it's our turn.
I see no reason not to.
And what exactly is your complaint? It's not like they're tacking a surcharge onto your bill. Some people just need a reason to complain.
AT&T was the first ISP to announce that its customers would not be charged overage on their home internet. Along with all of the other cellular carriers they signed an agreement with the FCC to keep America connected by not disconnecting, or charging late fees to those who cannot pay for the next 2 months.
Sounds just dreadful 🙄

ACE - Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

3 years ago

"Think of your fellow man....lend him a helping hand....put a little love in your heart." - Jackie DeShannon 1969

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

3 years ago

Like I tell everyone all the time mobile hotspot is not a substitute for real internet service. You can get fixed wireless service and they have waived overages on that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.